Cinepro PowerPro 20 Others

Professional Series AC line enhancer

Submitted by sound_junky a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2011

Bottom Line:
Ok I feel this conditioner is so far the best PC I have ever owned and I have had many( PS Audio,Monster,Tripp,Apc) I feel the Cinepro is doing what it is intended to do,not just pretty lights... just clean precise power! My system has never sounded better!! DEAD QUIET!!! Extension and air is beyond the speakers with very deep tighter bass.I just trust the Cinepro more so than the othes to,it justs gives me a secure feeling that my gear is safe, the others never really did.

This PC weighs in at 75 pounds! it's solid and built like the preverbial brick $#@! house! and it runs very cool!
Piece of mind and a really astonishing sonic tweek that is worth every penny!!
Highly Reccommended!!

Psb Statos Gold speakers
and about $5000 worth of cabling various kinds

Submitted by T Lama a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I hate this unit...Due to the implementation of the CinePro into my system, I have now finally exceeded the capabilities of my speakers. My Paradigm Ref Studio 100s were to be the last component I replaced, and dammit, I now have to replace them...The CinePro made me re-tweek my Lexicon, and re-adjust my speaker placement, and everything sounds great...so good in fact, I now understand terms like "open, airy, focused bass, harsh highs, sound stage, transparency..."

In short, my system reveals everything, including the deficiencies of my speakers. That really is quite a compliment to CinePro as well as Paradigm. To CinePro, it proves that the unit does exactly what it is advertised to do. Its a compliment to Paradigm because it took spending $13000 to reach a point where my $2000 speakers are the weak link in my chain.

It took me a while to understand what I was hearing, but after a lot of listening and reading I can now understand what the CinePro is doing to my gear. I can only relate it to tube gear...for a solid state user, tubes will take a little bit to understand and train your ear to "hear" it.

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by bill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
i have purchased medium high-end equipment over the past 4 months and noticed that at reference listening levels, some hissing was coming from my system. i went to a local retail store and bought an inexpensive power conditioner. i brought it home, hooked it up (after reading the user manual) and when it powered up, the power conditioner itself started to screech. also my amp would not power up. i returned the unit and my sales guy gave me another since we assumed it was probably just a faulty unit. took this one home and had the same problem, so returned the second unit and got a refund. at this point, i was worried that maybe my electrical system was bad. this turned out to be incorrect. at a different retailer, i decided to give the cinepro a chance. i had also considered the tice powerblock but was unable to find a local retailer for this piece. i spent more money on the cinepro than i had planned but i am extremely pleased with the results. the sound is velvety with no more hiss and the video looks crisp as well. as the cliche goes, you get what you pay for. i wouldnt use this piece of equipment on my old 1500$ technics system but for more costly equipment, i believe this is a wise investment.

Submitted by Mitch a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
The Cinepro PowerPro 20 is one of the most awesome products made. Upon plug-in, I did not notice that much of an improvement with the exception of more accurate bass and increased bass quantity. However, after about a week's worth of continuous use, the Cinepro blossomed into something that deserves to be at the top of the value list. Music was much more involving and emotional, and you don't have to even try hard to notice the difference. I also noticed a significant improvement in dynamics. I've used the Chang conditioner, and the difference is phenomenal in favor of the Cinepro. Try it and you will be convinced! There are other products that have similar designs to the Cinepro, so give them all a try as well.

Associated Equipment:
Theta Data Basic II and Pro Basic IIIa
Transparent Ultra/Reference Cables
Rowland 8T amp + Consummate Preamp
Von Schweikert VR4 Loudspeakers

Submitted by Doug a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a great product! It does exactly what it says, reduce system background noise by 20 DB. This effect was very noticeable in both completely eliminating system hiss in my home theater audio set up as well as making substantial improvements to my big screen TV picture. I do not believe that most tweaks work, but cinepro made me a believer in the importance of power quality. I went out and bought a second unit for my audio only system!!!! One of the best system upgrades you can make.

Wood Technology: