Axiom Speaker Company Millennia M22 Ti
Description: Dual 5 1/4" aluminum woofer; 1" titanium tweeter; Freq. Resp. Hz 50-22K; Anti-Standing-Wave Cabinet; Video Shielded

Submitted by joestar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2010

Bottom Line:
Hi, i'm not an audiophile or one who makes speakers I got into audio through a co-worker who wanted me to buy or take a listen to his vandersteen 1c speakers when I first listened to them I was hooked onto most things audio except the price tags of most of the products I saw and heard in the specialty audiophile stores. I don't believe in you always get what you paid for. I believe in " you get ripped off sometimes" but that my personal prejudice coming out of a service/retail field. I read a few the the comments on the these speakers from 06 and I won't critique too much about that m22 because I believe the crossover and tweeter were different . but as for version 2 i will say i didn't like them at first and that was because of the amp/avr I was using which was a denon lower wattage reciever . I believe highly now based also on other user reviews from the axiom website and my own personal experience that these are very amp specific speakers. I owned a denon receiver, harmon kardon avr, rotel amp, onkyo integrated amp, and a nad c325bee. with the denon these speakers sounded thin. with the nad c325bee these speakers really shine I mean literally if you put you hand on this speaker connected to this amp you can kinda feel the driver just pounding it moves ferociously compared to the denon avr. the lack of base and the lifeless sound I hear people saying they've heard from this speaker for me is not there. The mids are anything but boring dull or lifeless! I listened to focal book shelves which were between 1500 and 2500 and running on a cambridge azur avr, now these didn't beat them but gave them a run for their money especially being $400 dollars, I also demoed the epos which had a better tweeter but not as warm midrange wise or defined bass wise as the m22 v2. all in all for the money and sound quality and build of the m22 v2 cabinet I would choose these speakers again over bookshelves costing 4 of 5 times more but not being 4 or 5 times better sound wise.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by johnmc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
These are great BOOKSHELF speakers. They're not designed to cover the full spectrum of human hearing. They concentrate on 60HZ and higher and sound crystal clear in that range. Great soundstage, great presence. Shortly after I bought mine I picked up a used Velodyne HGS-12 sub (manufactured 10/2000-post hum era) on eBay and set the crossover at 60HZ. Suffice it to say, I'm now hunting for a quality amp to do them justice. My Yamaha 1400 will be relegated to theatre processing. Versatility of these speakers is outstanding. If you want excellent speakers for movies and music and have a quality sub, it's hard to beat these for the money. I've heard replacing the crossovers in these speakers really sets them free-I haven't done that -yet.

Submitted by Pencilsmasher a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2007

Bottom Line:

I really wanted to love these speakers. After reading all the rave reviews, I was expecting greatness. Sadly, they have gone back in the box and are on their way back to the factory.

Immediately upon opening the box, they felt way to light. They are reasonably well built, but I worried they would be knocked over easily with their height (19 inches). Another thing that bugged me was that the tweeter would be much higher than ear level on my standard stands.

Anyways, I plugged them in and gave a listen. Two things were evident:

1. The imaging was incredible with tracks that had a lot of highs.

2. The midrange was there, but barely. I called Axiom and they told me it should be huge. It was all set up right, but the mids were just boring.

I left them running day after day to break them in, but they sounded exactly the same. I had some friends over and they all agreed.

In case you are wondering, I had them hooked up with a Denon amp and a good 10" sub, trying the crossover at 60, 80 and 100.

They claim they sound as good as any $1000 speaker, so I tried them vs a pair of NHT Classic 3s. Whammo, amazing sound, fantastic mids, great looking, solid build. So I bought the NHTs. Very happy.

Purchased At:   factory direct

Submitted by djolord a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have previously submitted a review on these speakers and it appears I was a little hasty. 1 year on and I'm actually thinking of purchasing a complete 7.1 axiom loudspeaker system. These speakers definately need breaking in. I also think it might take a little time to adjust to the unusual degree of transparency of these speakers. My previous adjectives of 'harsh' and 'over bright' are not true after a bit of time is allowed for them to break in.

If you are thinking of purchasing these speakers I would definately recommend them, after all you have a 30-day money back guarantee to give you a no risk opportunity to try them out on your own system and in your own listening room. Which is more appealing than buying from a hi-fi store, where you are seldom offered this chance.

You will need a sub though! I don't think thats a bad thing. I like to think that it means more effort has gone into producing better quality top-end. I'm still amazed to this day by the amount of new detail I can pick out of my favourtie tunes!

Purchased At:   axiomaudio.com

Submitted by scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
I too fell for the hype on these speakers figuring I could get more bang for the buck via internet direct. Bougt the whole setup 60`s, vp150, qs8 and m22`s. Not impressed at all!!! The vp150 was decent and the qs8`s were very nice surrounds. The axiom m22 and 60`s were not good. I had a speaker shootout with a fellow axiom owner. They fell to last place vs Klipsch klf-20`s and Jbl stio 312`s. They were very lifeless and my friend was very upset. Needless to say they are no longer in my system or his. They r great speakers appearance wise and definately the nicest looking I`ve had. Just a real dissapointment if u A/B vs other speakers out there.

Purchased At:   axiom