The Yamaha NS-AW150 Outdoor Speaker – What You Need To know
- Budget but good sounding.
- Easy to mount.
- Very good bass performance.
- Many positive reviews.
- Don’t deal with extreme weather well.
- Aren’t audiophile quality.(not really a knock at this price, just is.)
Summer is coming and these Yamaha NS-AW150 have your name on them if you are budget conscience but still need good sound outside on your porch or garden.
With 88 overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon.com these are hard to beat.
The speakers use a 5-inch high-compliance, polypropylene, mica-filled woofer and .5-inch PEI dome tweeter. Though with a sensitivity of 80dB these will need a moderately powered (35W-120W) amplifier to drive them. Most likely some where in the 80-100W for the best response at higher volumes.
- One pair of 2-way indoor/outdoor speakers.
- Acoustic-suspension design for clear sound and taut, controlled bass response.
- 120 watts maximum power capacity, 35 watts nominal.
- 5-inch high-compliance, polypropylene, mica-filled woofer and .5-inch PEI dome tweeter; magnetically shielded and water resistant.
- Each speaker measures 5.41 x 10.125 x 6.16 inches (W x H x D).
The cabinets user an acoustic-suspension and seal to prevent tubby bass. Which is good but you’ll have to forgive them for their overall quality if you are used to a more premium grade.
The speakers are magnetically shielded so you can place them near an outdoor TV or computer without fear.
These are best to place under and eve since while they are ‘outdoor’ speakers and wind and water resistant, they aren’t going to survive a down poor or rain and freeze.