Can you get a $2000 processor for just $700? Emotiva is betting you can. It’s new UMC-1 7.1 processor combines some of the more advanced A/V processing you’ll find into a package that is hard to beat. Let’s start with the hardware. The UMC-1 utilizes Emotiva’s signature aluminum faceplate design and LED backlit controls that give it a warm, minimalistic look. They’re going to audiophile appeal and I think they nailed it. The UMC-1 looks like the love child offspring of a McIntosh and Anthem processor. I’m just saying…
Continue Reading @ Audioholics
- Twin Cirrus 32 bit dual core DSPâ€™s
- Decoding support for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital True HD, Dolby PLIIx, DTS, DTSES, DTS HD, DTS Master Audio, DTS Neo 6, S/PDIF, PCM 8 channel (note: some audio formats are only supported via HDMI)
- Multi-channel Dolby Volume
- Genesis/ST Torino high performance scaling engine – featuring a full implementation of the Faroudja DCDi image processing suite
- Intuitive, full color graphical OSD with adjustable transparency presented over live video, including HDMI
- Emo-Q automatic multi-channel room correction and loudspeaker setup. Calibrated measurement microphone included.
- Quadruple bass manager with independently selectable high and low pass frequencies from 40Hz â€“ 250Hz, in 5 or 10Hz increments (depending on frequency)
- Selectable 12db or 24db per octave high pass and low pass filters by channel groupings
- Independent 11-band graphic EQ with global bass and treble controls by channel groupings
- Balanced subwoofer output
- All legacy video inputs can be scaled and output over HDMI at up to 1080p
- 1080p/24 fps video support
- Video pass-through mode with 12 bit compatibility
- HDMI sources can be format converted to component video up to 1080i (subject to Macrovision guidelines)
- HDMI 1.3a Deep Color compliant (not 3D-ready)
- All inputs are assignable and feature input labeling, selectable decode modes, selectable triggers, etc.
- 0.5dB level trims on all channels
- High voltage, low impedance main analog outputs for uncompromised dynamic headroom
|About Audioholics.com -Audioholics.com is the largest audited home theater A/V publication online with over 1.1 million monthly readers. Founded in 1999, Audioholics provides more in-depth non-biased professional reviews, tech articles, daily news, how-to’s and buying guides than any other site of its kind. It empowers readers who are making purchases and inspires readers who are striving to maximize their A/V experience.