NHT ST4
Description: NHT 3-WAY TOWER SPEAKERS 15-200 WTS 8'''' => Model ST-4

Submitted by Audiodetective a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
I personally never considered NHT when I began my hunt for new speakers that would accommodate my love for music and home theater as alike. I venture to Innovative Systems and began scoping out speakers because if you are anything like me appeal also has its say so.

I began with several speakers including Paradigm. I must say that I was intrigued with their advertisements to say the least; I wasn’t impressed. Without question, I became transfixed on a pair of NHT Studio 4’s. I began listening to these absolutely captivating speakers beginning with John Coltrane’s (Love Supreme). Ah, sonic quality! I couldn’t make it through Acknowledgement without sighing – ok a little melodramatic – this was truthfully an event worth calling the friends about.

The speakers performed well right out of the box. The connectivity was very simple because NHT used binding post for the connections. The black piano finish was enough to out shine the finest performing choir. I connected the speakers to my Proceed Amp 5 using Integra’s DTR-9.1 as a preamp. My system is comprised of Pioneer’s DVD-47a video player – multifunction – and Integra’s CDC-3.1 compact disc player a rarity now a days and finally my Monster Power HTS-5000 and AVS 2000. I began the count down with Jill Scott’s is it the way, this song truthfully sent me adrift.

Not to harp a whole lot about my experiences with NHT but without question they live up to every advertisement I’ve seen up this point. Hats off the gentlemen are on deck!

Purchased At:   Innovative Systems,