Epos Acoustics Epic 2
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Range: 48 Hz – 25 kHz</li> <li>Sensitivity: 90dB / 2.83V@1m</li> <li>Amplifier Compatibility: 20 – 120 Watts</li> <li>Internal wiring: 18 AWG stranded cable</li> </ul>

Submitted by Epos Epic 2 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2013

Bottom Line:
My favorite speakers were my Epos M16. My least favorite speakers are the Epos Epic 2. I did not expect a $799 speaker to sound like a $1,499 speaker, but I did expect them to sound like a $799 speaker. Imaging and balance were nowhere near my M16 or my more comparable PSB B25. The new tweeter was not the smooth presentation quoted in reviews. These were bought as demos from a high-end dealer and they were like new. Slightly broken in, but definitely broken in. This is the second time the same reviewer raved about a product that I think does not live up to the hype.

Submitted by pete seaward a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2012

Bottom Line:
Really good speakers sound nice and open.
Good base well worth the money.

Submitted by Ken Songer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2011

Bottom Line:
These are truly a rare find.

They replace a pair of Joseph Audio rm25si floorstanders in my system, and I don't know how it's possible for what I paid, but they absolutely embarrass them all the way around. I am driving them with a pair of Linn LK85's. I can only guess it's something with the crossover, in tandem with the size of the cabinet (a little bigger than the average bookshelf). The components appear completely pedestrian and the veneer is vinyl, for god's sake. Unbelievable detail and imaging, however. Clean, satisfying bass as well. Just a great, great speaker - these are something special.