AudioQuest Columbia
Description: <ul> <li>1 pair of audio interconnects with RCA terminals</li> <li>PE Air Tubes to minimize information smearing</li> <li>Conductors labeled for proper direction of signal flow</li> <li>Cold-welded silver-plated RCA plugs</li> </ul>

Submitted by Yuanmu Fang a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2012

Bottom Line:
It is too early to write a review for this cable, but I cannot help to start. I only have this cable for one week. It turns out the best sound I ever had. When I first hook up my system from my CD player to my Lexicon processor, I felt there is no difference with my Tara prime cable in the first song, after 5 songs, my system is flying to a new level. The sound is airy, transparency and clarity.I totally agree with the comments from Absolute Sound, "Columbia’s highs are well-defined yet sweet-sounding, its bass is taut yet possesses plenty of weight and warmth and a heaping helping of three-dimensionality" Now I fully understand what call sweet, warm and open sound. AudioQuest’s Columbia DBS did make a big difference in my system. I could not say it better. I will experience this cable more later.

Review System:
B&W 804 Nautilus speakers

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Robert Jones a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the AudioQuest’s Columbia DBS series cables. I am still ‘stunned’ by these cables and have been ever since I swapped them for my Carda’s Cross (from CD player) & Quadlink 5Cs (from turntable) -equal to many an electronic ‘equipment’ upgrade!
The difference in sound quality between both Cardas(s) and the Columbia DBS was not subtle. The Cardas(s) are good and I enjoyed them for several years but, the AudioQuests are just flat-out better or - much more to my taste. First, tone is a priority for me and these cables are well balanced in regards to the treble, midrange and bass (neither lean nor heavy and blurred sounding). They let the tones of individual instruments and voices shine through. They are also definitely more articulate than the Cardas’. Through the AQs, music seems more there and real.
Second, and am I ever getting into a soft area here but, I now get the many comments on various forums (especially NAIM’s) about Cardas cables ruining the timing. I felt like I was in an old ad about certain equipment being better at getting one’s feet tapping to the music.
Third, everything seems to be more defined and again, real sounding with the AudioQuest -DBS' in place. And, for once, I am just enjoying the sounds of individual instruments and voices, in addition to the melodies and beat.
To summarize, I will quote from a summary of an Absolute Sound review (since I can’t say it better): “..Columbia’s highs are well-defined yet sweet-sounding, its bass is taut yet possesses plenty of weight and warmth and a heaping helping of three-dimensionality. Though not the last word in transparency, the Columbias do a great job of balancing clarity and smoothness.” In regards to the ‘transparency’ issue, I did listen to the next level up, the Colorado, and although they seemed slightly more transparent, they also seemed more forward in presentation.
To conclude, to say I am impressed with these cables would be an understatement. Some very nice cables have graced my system over the last 20 plus years, including, but not limited to, examples from Cardas, Kimber, LINN, Transparent and Bryston but, none of these cables has had such a profound effect on my listening pleasure as the AQ Columbia- DBS' have. They have made a HUGE difference in the sound quality of my system, and will be with me for the long haul. My girlfriend actually talks to visitors about the difference the AQs made!