Arcam FMJ A18
Description: <ul> <li>Logic controlled input/output switching</li> <li>Precise electronic control of volume bass and treble</li> <li>Processor mode for use with AV processors/receivers</li> <li>Six RCA Phono line level rear panel inputs</li> <li>High quality Moving Magnet phono input</li> </ul>

Submitted by Tony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2011

Bottom Line:
My last purchase of hifi gears was over 15 years ago when I acquired the little NAD302 integrated amplifier + Marantz CD63SE and a pair of Mission 76i speakers. Then last year I thought I might do myself a favor, and I brought home Arcam FMJ A18 and a pair of Proac Studio 110. Now it has been a year I am listening to the new setup.
I found the sound of my new setup is in a different league from that of my old NAD and Mission. Everything is just open up with much greater detail and clarity. Very subtle passage in the music that I never heard from my NAD+Mission now reveals itself.
The size of Arcam FMJ A18 is not bigger than my NAD302, but its sound is much bigger and more powerful.
I never regret my purchase last year despite it cost me too much , approx US$2300 here in Jakarta.

Product model year:   2009