Acoustic Zen MC2 = Zen D-2010R
Description: <ul> <li>110 Ohm Digital</li> <li>W/RCA plug</li> <li>Unit: Each / 1.0 meter</li> </ul>

Submitted by rsmcphee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
This cable never fails to amaze me. I have owned digital cables costing 3x as much but this cables blows them away. I have owned NOrdost (over-rated), Kimber, Audioquest, Tara Labs and Straightwire. This cable just sounds right. Great dynamics and wonderful imaging. The mids are open and uncolored and the highs are sensational. I really cannot fault this digital cable for the price. If I was Acoustic zen I would sell this for $700 not less than $500. Even at $700 it still beats my $1000 digital interconnect. I

Purchased At:   ML audio and video

Submitted by NY1PR2002 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have been in this "High End" Audio Hobby for at least 9 years.So I think that I can consider myself an Audiophile. Not only because I have been one for 9 years but because thru the years my ears or listening to sounds or music has become so tuned up that I can perceived the many differences good or bad cables bring out. I have come across a very wide variety of Digital Cables.Some of these cables have cost many hundreds of dollars and in some ways every cable has had the tendency of holding it's own against other cables. I remember 9 years ago when my first Digital cable was a Radio Shack Orange Color Digital cable.Wow!! was my first impression when I first heard this cable. I thought at the time that no one could have a better Digital cable than this one That was until about a year later when I heard about the Monster M1000D Digital cable. I said to myself again WOW!!! a Digital cable by another Company that was better sounding than my beloved Radio Shack? I have to owned that cable. So with that experience came to what it's known today as the famous "Upgrade Bug". Yes from that experienced listening to another Digital cable came into me what it is known today as the "upgrade bug" and I have spent 8 more years ugrading from one Digital cable to another searching for that "special" Digital cable that will finally bring the "Digital Cable Upgrade Bug" to a complete halt.Well I can honestly say that after owning or carefully listening to many Digital cables such as Nordost Silver Shadow and Moonglo,Kimber Illuminati D-60,Stereovox HDXV,Harmonic Technology Magic Digital One,Cardas Lightning 15,NBS Signature Coaxial,Tara labs 75 Air Digital and a few more the "upgrade bug" as come to a complete halt by the Remarkable cable made by IMHO "The Best Cable Maker in The industry, Acoustic Zen's Owner Mr. Robert Lee with its Acoustic Zen MC2=Zen Digital cable.
This Cable brings out the best there is in Digital Sound. The Clearest Possible Resolution and Dynamics that this cable brings out is the best I have heard in my 9 years of experience in High End Audio.This cable will Extratc every possible bit of information in a way that is so "Natural" and yet with such a sonic presentation that it makes you want more.You will hear enormous clear and natural soundstage replication of musical instruments,voices and sounds that I am so convinced you will be hard press to find these qualities in any other Digital cable out there regardless of price. For those who are still skeptical and think cables do not make a difference in sound and that all Digital Cables sound the same do yourself a favor a please go back to the begining of this review and start reading it again see how I used to be just like you until thru the years my ears opened up just as in a very cloudy day when the Sun starts coming out and all you see it's a beautiful Sunny clear sky. That's exactly how I felt after listening to the Acoustic Zen MC2-Zen Digital cable.It is the best Digital Cable out there Period!. Please give yourself a try with this cable and I know you will probably never look at any other cable again.Acoustic Zen is one of the best High End cable manufactures in the Industry and for me they are "THE BEST" and that's why my whole system uses only Acoustic Zen cable!! The Digital Cable "Upgraded Bug" has Stopped here!with the acquisition of the MC2-Zen.

Purchased At:   Acoustic Zen

Submitted by Berjan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
I'm a patient guy, so I spend about a year working my way through reviews, consumer opinions, artikels, discussions, etc. before I chose this cable to be most suitable for my taste and money. Like many selfrespecting audio-enthusiasts, I thought my system was at a point where affordable upgrades wouldn't cause realy dramatical improvements anymore. Man, was I wrong! I know the right cable can do a lot of good for the sound of a system, but the AZ MC2=Zen improved the sound in almost every aspect. And not by small amount!
The first improvement that immediately surfaces after putting the MC2=Zen between my transport and DAC is the vast increase in detail throughout the whole frequency-range; voices and instruments became much more textured and acoustic information increased dramatically, resulting in a very natural sounding reproduction of the music.
I further noticed quite a big improvement in the frequency extention in the highs, as wel as a much more controlled and tighter bas. The imaging and separation of the different voices and instruments was clearer than ever before, and also the depth of the soudstage (which was already very good)increased somewhat.
All in all, the musical experience has become more natural, more real, more live. IMO the MC2=Zen is a very balanced, neutral, detailed and harmonic "sounding" cable that simply lets all of the music flow through without any trace of added distortion or colouration. In many ways the improvements seem to be the same as with the excellent Nordost cables, only Nordost tend to sound just a little more dryer, where as Acoustic Zen sounds a bit more natural.
Since the purchase of the MC2=Zen, I find myself enjoying every CD I have more than before, while constantly being pleasantly surprised by the new things I hear listening to the recordings.

Enjoy the music, I know I will!

Purchased At:   Multitrade Begium NV