Mitsubishi HS-U530
Description: 4-Head Hi-Fi Stereo VCR w/ Universal Remote

Submitted by Steve Roberts a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I won't own any other kind of VCR. I love the index search and tapes recorded on one unit will work on a second. I got my first Mitsubishi from a guy whose wife worked at the factory and could resell a certain amount. I had no idea how good the machines were, it was just a great price through a connection. Five years later I got a HS U500 and paid full retail for it, more than $500 and it was great having two of them. Like I said, a tape recorded in one can still do the index search in the other. Even though I never cleaned or refurbished either, one of the thunderstorms we're famous for out here hit the house and fried a couple of things I had plugged in at the time. The old Mitsubishi died for good by the 500 is still going here in summer of 2001. I am buying a new one soon and was checking this website for reviews.

Purchased At:   Rohs in Tuson

Submitted by Gus Kotoulas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
It's a bedroom VCR bought off UBID for $127. It is refurbished. The picture quality is much better than the Sony in the den. The remote is simple, unique and very functional. To tell you the truth, I like it much better than the Sony which needed to be sent in for repairs within a month of purchase.
I can't say anything about the Mitsu's quality other than it has not broken down yet. Time will tell.
A good buy between 100-130 scoots.

Submitted by tom miller a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
Junk. Mine has been repaired repeatedly and I now have more invested in repairs than the original purchase.