Sumiko Pro-Ject Perspective Belt-Drive Turntable

Submitted by Tjeerd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
I use a Project perspective with carbon arm/Sumiko BP2 cartridge/speedbox/Clearaudio smart phono pre amp(price: 1150 EURO). This is my first (serious) turntable ever!? As a yound kid (30 years ago) I had a mono turntable.
The sound is magical, bass is superb and mids and highs are also perfect. Beautiful deep and wide soundstage. Instruments sound like real just as voices..
Cd's and Sacd's are done for me. I don't like their sound anymore. Audio industry and hifi magazines have forced us to adopt new technologies. And it is getting worse and worse (mp3, downloaded music). Where does it end.
My system is: Audio analogue puccini se remote (used as pre amp) and AA Donizetti, Mordaunt Short MS 908, rca cable (audio note, kimber with Eichmann bullet plugs), speaker cable (VdH Revolution)

Purchased At:   hifisound Muenster (

Submitted by natal000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
Purchased this absolutely beautiful turntable about 3 months ago and am floored by the beautiful sound that this unit produces when part of a decent sound system. The plexiglass and tonearm gives you a taste of "High End" at a pretty reasonable price considering the craftsmanship and overall feel. One word of warning which I will also list as a negative is that I have a Grado Platinum Cartridge installed which required a seperate purchase of a 3rd counterwieght because neither supplied counterweight would balance this cartridge correctly, so be forewarned. the other negative is that if you need to play 45 rpm records (Many new audiophile releases are now being produced at this speed) requires that the user remove the 33 1/3 motor and change to the 45 motor which although I kinda understand why they did it, is very annoying. All in all a superb unit when mated to a quality cartridge. Sound and imaging are magnificent...much more pleasing than CD's.

Purchased At:   Sound City (NJ)

Submitted by klaatu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Bought this second hand on Ebay UK last year (Pro-Ject Perspective), as well as a Trichord Dino phono stage.
I'm now rediscovering my vinyl collection again, this beauty seems to be faithful to the 'groove' - bass is tight and powerful and the highs seem to sparkle.
I've put an Audio Technica AT OC5 on and sounds great but I can't wait to try it with my Ortofon MC30
I had considered a Michell Gyro SE but have no regrets about picking up this bargain!

Purchased At:   Ebay