Gemini-Sound PT2400
Description: Gemini PT-2400 Digital Turntable

Submitted by Kriston Renshaw a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Perfect for Beginners and Amateurs that have a budget or fancy a taste of DJing without the Sore wallet.

Technics look alike, so it is a good stepping stone. I have produced some fine mixes on these puppies.

Purchased At:   Faze 2 - Isle of Man

Submitted by dj axis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
This turntable is awesome.. It's just as good as a Technics 1200 table, don't let some technics loving fool tell you otherwise. I am a professional dj and have used pretty much all turntables out there, and the 2400 is no joke.

Purchased At:   123dj.com

Submitted by JimStephens a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Based on how much this thing weighs, I had high expectations for this turntable. It wasn't very long before I was disappointed. Overall construction is flimsy, with a platter that weighs next to nothing and one of the worst tonearms I've seen. It has a really sloppy, cheap feel, and is quite unresponsive. The cuing lever is next to impossible to locate in a dim enironment, and throws the tonearm about when operated quickly. So much for initial impressions. BUT WAIT - I had yet to plug it in, and this is where the fun began. First of all, the unit would not operate at 33 or 45 rpm unless quartz-locked - otherwise it stumbled like a drunk after an all-nighter, and the pitch control did not operate at all. 78 rpm speed worked okay. The platter did not sit squarely on the motor, so that when it rotated, it bobbed up and down like a Himalaya ride. Nevertheless, I thought I'd try playing a record with it. True to it's heritage, I got more feedback than an "ebay power seller" at only moderately loud volumes. This turntable is not only *not* immune to external vibration, it seems to revel in it - I could hear the movement of my computer chair through the speakers, sitting on a plastic mat, on carpet!! And keeping in the true spirit of things, there was an audible hum when the unit was powered up. And the cute pop-up periscope light took way more pressure than I thought was reasonable to get it back down. The flimsy dust cover combined with the cheap plastic hinges makes it impossible to lower while a record is playing without loud klunking sounds.

Perhaps the Duals and the Sonys I used in the past spoiled me - but at the price for what this thing lists, I expected more than a toy. How this thing ever earned the label "Professional" I will never know. Luckily, I found it cheap, and the seller was willing to take it back and give me credit for it. Perhaps this unit was one of those rare examples that finds it's way into the field on a day that QC was asleep at the switch.. but that it made it to the field at all is disappointing. Overall, my experience with this unit was anything but positive, and I'm afraid I can't even suggest the Gemini PT-2400, let alone recommend it.

Purchased At:   audiolines.com

Submitted by Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Was used to technics. These keep me happy.