Rega Radio 3
Description: <ul> <li>20 preset memories on FM</li> <li>20 preset memories on AM</li> <li>Vacuum Fluorescent Display</li> <li>High sonic performance sanyo chip-set</li> <li>Double tuned detector stage</li> <li>High performance front-end</li> </ul>

Submitted by pmk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2005

Bottom Line:
Had a nice vintage tuner that went down and a replacement part could not be found. The downside of vintage, I suppose.

Anyways, I needed a new tuner. Not having the budget for a MD, I looked elsewhere. I was looking for simplicity of use and remote capability.

I narrowed down to the Arcam FMJ T31 & Rega. Although the Arcam had features such as a signal strength meter and RDS, I liked the sound better with the Rega. Very balanced, wide soundstage. I listen to a lot of classical on the radio and I thought Rega sounded better with strings than the Arcam.

Although the Rega is very limited on features, I find the sound more than makes up for it.

Oh, I am currently using a Fanfare FM-2G antenna with very good results. Looking for a better antenna to put in the attic (cannot place antenna outside).

Purchased At:   Serious HiFi, NC