Zenith Inteq IQA36M46W Standard Televisions

2.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Doug a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
Model is actually an IQ3557BT, but this model is closest. It had great reviews in some audio/vid mags and was on sale so I bought one in 1998. I was really happy with the picture and features at first. The tuner module went out after about 6 months - it was repaired under warrenty but was a big hassle. Then after about 2-1/2 years the picture starting flickering severly and the colors would change drastically. The picture is terrible and I'm not about to shell out hundreds $$$ more for a tv that obviosly wasn't designed to be reliable. Zenieth went bankrupt for a reason, and I will NEVER buy another product of their.

Submitted by JohN Arevalo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've owned this set for 3 years and it has recently failed. The color went bad and the local "authorized" service center was apparently unsuccessful in repairing it. After paying $200 for "repairs" I still have a terrible looking picture. I'll never purchase another Zenith product ever again. While it may be loaded with great features it is apparently constructed poorly and with unreliable parts. Since it isn't exactly an inexpensive item I don't see why it should be so shabbily produced.

Purchased At:   Robinsons May

Submitted by Scott a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have wanted a big screen for quite a long time, but could never afford one. When this was a leader item for $1300, I couldn't resist.

When I was looking at other big screens, I had a few criteria...removable grill(Cats...), and tall enough base so that the bottom of the screen wasn't lower than my bed.Also, no color bleeding, and good visibilty from different portions of the room.

This unit fit all of my criteria, and delivered a 61 inch at a great cost.

I have had it about a year, and LOVE it. Remote is easy, the picture is amazing on my DVD collection and digital cable. I really have compared the picture on "Bug's Life" with some HDTV models and cannot see that much of a difference.

Set-Up is fairly easy, and what is really great is the sound...there are times when I PREFER the TV sound to my receiver. This is not a top of the line brand, but at roughly half the cost, it is VERY pleasing. The PIP isn't as strong as I'd like, but one can find a nitpick in every television if one looks hard enough.

Overall, I would buy this model again, easily. I DO wish it had a built in screen protecter(Make sure to buy one!), and even though commisioned salespeople will try and talk you out of it..give this model a try.

This model is ideal for those that cannot afford a top name, but want a decent and large television. It is a nice start to a home theatre, and I would say this unit is a value-based t.v.

If you are even checking this review out, you are obviously looking for a lower budget tv that will deliver the goods.
You have probably found it.

I would highly recommend this as a "Starter" until the prices drop on widescreens.
You will be pleasantly suprised.

I'm giving this unit 5 stars for the ease of use and the sheer enjoyment it has given me.

Thanks, Zenith, for giving us low budget types an actual quality television.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Electronics

Submitted by Duane Peck a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
I am now on my 2nd Inteq. The first one had color splotches on the upper left, and right corner top and bottom. Moving the B&W 600 series away helped the right corner but the left stayed the same. Pulled center channel off the cabinet that the set is in and the left color splotch stayed there. Brought in another new Inteq and the same splotch is still there. Well one would think center channel speaker not shielded. Nope is it and even moving it away from the set the splotch still remained. My home theater company says he cant keep them in stock they are so popular. They are a very reputable company and do some world class set ups. Dont know what to do next. I paid for good color and thats what I expect. Would I buy another one? Not based on what I have seen so far even though it does have a great picture (at least in 85% of the viewing area).Any one have any ideas?

Atlantic Technology: