Sanyo 32 MTS Stereo Television AVM 3259G Standard Televisions

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

- MTS/dbx Stereo Decoder and Second Audio Program (SAP) Reception.
- Extended Data Service Program Information.
- 181-Channel Quartz Digital Synthesizer Tuner with Channel Scan and Memory.
- Closed-Caption Capability.
- Bass and Treble Controls.
- Initial Channel Setting.
- Channel Recall.
- Sharpness Control.
- Automatic Shut Off.
- Auto Channel Programming with Nonvolatile Channel Memory.
- Variable Sleep Timer (30 Minutes to Three Hours).
- Color and Feature Reset.
- Clock.

Submitted by GuitHack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is the TV to start your home theater with. I had previously owned a 27" that is still in service, but the difference in display is very noticable. The colors are vivid. Even though this is not a digital comb filter, you can adjust the color quickly to gain a look that is very pleasing.

We watch alot of DVDs at my house, and what a picture! Very crisp and realistic. This has definitely enhanced our overall home theater experience.

If you're looking for an inexpensive way to bridge between now and when the prices are reasonable for Digital sets, this is a great alternative. Setup is a whiz, and you're watching in minutes.

The Bottom Line: Sanyo has put together a solid TV with good picture, sound and menu functioning.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by B a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
for the price you won't find anything this good. i'm not all hardcore about having the best technology plasma crap. so being technical doesn't concern me. so, w/o being technical, this TV kicks a$$.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by John a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
Not bad for the $$$. A good sized TV for cheap! Also, it has s-video inputs. I'm waiting until the Plasma TV's come down to the price level of the average american...so until then I needed a TV to hold me over. Plus, why spend way over $1,000.00 on a sony when there isn't $1,000.00 of a difference in the picture?

The remote is cheep, but I have a pioneer vsx 36 (THX Ultra receiver) that has a great learning remote, so that wasn't an issue that bothered me.

I recommend this product if you're like me and want to wait for the Plasma or the High def.16X9 aspect ration TV's to comre down in price!

p.s. When is the video industry going to start producing both normal and widescreen versions of the DVD's! Don't they know not everyone is a rockstar living in a huge house with several thousand dollar TV's in every room?

Purchased At:   Best(Worst) Buy

Submitted by b smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this 32" Sanyo to replace my old sanyo 25" stereo tv. The old sanyo tv had been very reliable and had a very good picture.

I checked consumers reports, and they rated this sanyo as the most reliable, but with the worst picture of the group. I went to Best Buy and I thought the picture looked very good! The price was real good, too!

I think they rated the picture below the other tvs because it doesn't have the digital comb filter. It has an analog comb filter (I think!).

So, I have lived with it.. and there are some good points and some bad points

Good points:
-2 video input, 1 s-Video input jacks - I can hook up my vcr and dvd!
-1 audio output jack - I can hook up my stereo!
-Picture looks very good!
-Audio sounds very good!
-Price - try to find a 32 inch tv will 2 video inputs and 1 audio output at this price!

Bad Points (at least for me):
-Input selection can only be done with the remote! ARRRGH! (what were they thinking???!!)

-Audio output selection is 'fixed' not variable! ARRGH! (when I mute the tv with the remote the sound is still blasting out of my stereo! )

-Universal remote won't work with my vcr! ARRRGH! (So, I went to Walmart and bought a different fancier universal sanyo remote. The new sanyo remote works with my vcr, dvd, and tv.)

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by golly gee a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
Looking to purchase a 36 inch tv but can't find any reports on Sanyo. Surely someone must own a 36 inch Sanyo ....
If it performs as good as my Sanyo 27 inch I'll buy it.
Im not looking for anything fanct eg: no picture in a
picture. Just want a good stable TV.
Hope some one can help...

Purchased At:   future shop canada