Samsung 27 High Definition Television TSL2793HF Standard Televisions

Samsung is proud to introduce a new generation of Dynaflat HD televisions that dynamically brings tomorrow's picture quality to the market today. The tube surface is Flat, drastically reducing distortion and glare found on conventional curved sets. Samsung's TSL2793HF elevates the television viewing experience by upconverting incoming analog sources to a progressive scan 480p display eliminating conventional TV scan lines for a ""flicker free"" picture. The Television Broadcast Industry is in the process of shifting to the more technologically advanced and visibly better digital picture.

Submitted by 4seasonphoto a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
It's strengths have been worth the extra cost, and it's weaknesses don't bother me much. You don't actually need to own the HDTV decoder box to appreciate greatly-improved video quality with this set. No regrets about this purchase.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Larry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I used this site to make my decision on Samsung. You can't beat a HDTV for under $900. I have read a lot of problems with the quality of Sony lately and not much wrong about Samsung. I replaced my 1986 Sony trinitron because the power supply was finally going out. I am very happy with the Samsung. I agree with reviewers indicating it needs adjustment out of the box. I used my Avia DVD and I am VERY happy with the results. I use AT&T Cable which does not offer HDTV and my picture still looks great even with a little snow in the picture. I have played my Toshiba non-progressive DVD player using both the composite and component inputs and both look fantastic. The only thing that I have noticed is sometimes certain colors cause the areas of the display to look like you are looking through a screen door. If I get close to the display, I can see that it is the phosphers on the display. I think they are bigger than most. I can sort of see the same thing on the display that I am using on my computer. I hope that cable either goes HDTV or at least, in the future, passes the signal through to allow a HDTV tuner to be used. I can't wait to see what a HDTV perfect picture will look like.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by larry hyvonen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
very good picture 480i to 480p line doubler vertical compression for dvd,s boubht at bustbuy for 999.99 and got free toshiba dvd model 1700 free have pioneer vsxd 608 and paridigm speakers plus cerwin vega sub very satisfied with picture qualiy and sound also have sattiltte system witch i plan to replace with hd reciever if you have a small room check out samsungs 27 inch hdtv model tsl2793hf you wont be disapointed

Purchased At:   bustbuy