RCA 32 Television F32715 Standard Televisions

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)

- Home Theatre Video System with 765 Lines of Horizontal Resolution.
- 3-Line Digital Comb Filter.
- High Performance Scan Velocity Modulation.
- Dark-Tint, High-Contrast Picture Tube.
- Adaptive Video Noise Reduction.
- GUIDE Plus+ GOLD On-Screen Program Guide.
- Advanced Twin Tuner Picture-In-Picture.
- Master Touch Universal Glo-In-The-Dark Remote.
- SRS () Focus Audio Technology and Sound Logic Audio Leveler.
- Matrix Surround Sound with External Speaker Terminals.
- Two Sets of Audio/Video Inputs with One S-Video Input/One Component Input/Audio Outputs.

Submitted by BLBK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
We have been using this TV for about 5 mths now and couldnt be happier!
Well we could be but that would involve about another $2000 for a HDTV!
Anyways, here are the TV's Specs
-Advanced Twin Tuner™ Picture-In-Picture
-Master Touch® Universal Glo-In-The-Dark Remote
-SRS (•) Focus® Audio Technology and Sound Logic™ Audio Leveler
-Matrix Surround Sound* with External Speaker Terminals
-Two Sets of Audio/Video Inputs with One S-Video Input/One Component Input/Audio Outputs

I actually got this home in the passenger side of a Chrysler Neon, wasnt easy...but it made it in one piece. Setup was easy. I have it hooked to:
1) DVD player with component(Picture is very sharp, with tons of tweaks)
2)VCR using standard RCA's picture is ok...bout as good as you can get with a VCR(once you go DVD then a VCR just doesnt cut it anymore!)
I havent found much that I dont like on this TV so far. The GuidePlus is amazing. Its very nice to be able to program the TV to come on when my fav shows are scheduled to come on, and the G-Link feature is great...can have the VCR record programs very easily and accurately.
I havent noticed any buzzing coming from the set like some others have...so I suspect that they may have some electrical interence problems involved.
I have surge suppressors set up for all my audio/video equipment as well as maintaining the cords away from other power sources!

Why did I give it a 4 for overall?
Because the color controls are pretty picky, they could be easier to set up!

Short of going to an HDTV or Digital set up this is about as good as it gets!

Purchased At:   Dicount Jims

Submitted by MLloyd2 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit in the summer of 2001 for a great deal. The set was brand new so I was a little nervous about buying a new RCA Television.

I was seduced by it's great looks (does it to a man every time), so I took the plunge.

I was confident this set ear-marked a new direction for RCA sets (I was right to with all the new HDCD and Scenium modes that have come out since).

The Positives: Excellent Hi-Tech looks,picture and color controls. Helpful user interface and price.
This set retails for about $700.

DVD's look great with componet video(I was wondering if it was just me and my visitors who noticed that).

Speakers are good, but not as good as JVC 501,201 in loudness and Bass. That's not a knock, JVC speakers just sound that good.

I knew I was building a 5.1 set up so top sound wasn't a big deal to me (though it still had to perform and this TV fit the bill). SRS sound has interesting matrix through side speakers.

The styling on this model is just head and shoulders above many comparable styled 32'monitors. No contest.

When you combine the excellent color saturation, rich/deep blacks and the easy to use but comprehensive (stylish and colorful) user interface this set's a winner (over comparably priced [or even $100 more] top peforming 32" sets from Toshiba and JVC).

The 32" and 38" RCA Digital and HDTV sets, similar to this have received excellent reviews as well.

Note:
The top is not flat, but it can still hold a fairly large center channel on it's surface (mine is off to the right,though you can place it at the centers contoured bulge).

Controls are plentiful and helpful. I'm not a big VCR buff (though I have one to watch old movies) so I've never used it's Gemstar recording program).

Note: TV has a slight buzz when on ( I hear that's common with some RCA sets in the past). Not a deal breaker at all though. But it's something you notice when it's very quiet(after purchase) and you listen for it.

Overall an excellent set (especially if you plan to hook it up to a home theater and don't require top performing native sound like comparable JVC's).

Set only comes in silver.

Purchased At:   PC Richards

Submitted by Ryan Manzer a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Awsome TV. Incredable picture when hooked up to my DVD player. For the price i would recomend this TV to anyone. Great looking set to especially with the stand that comes with this model.

Purchased At:   Kellys

Submitted by Hagal a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
When I was shopping for a new TV, I was looking for something at less than $1000 that had good picture quality and sound. I considered the Vega's from Sony and some of the Toshiba and Panasonic's. As a stickler for color composition, I really wanted a TV that could accommodate a true black (vs. the grey or greens you sometimes see) and this TV delivers.

Just today, I hooked up my new DVD player and regret that the TV can't handle the Progressive Scan input yet. But, with the Monster Cable hookups, the video from the DVD is nothing short of outstanding.

From an audio perspective, it's also a solid piece. It has twin side mounted (vs. on the bottom) speakers that create a nice stereo effect at the TV itself and keep the height of the box a bit smaller than most 32 inch TV's. When I route the audio through my receiver as well and out to my Bose AM5's, the TV creates a bit of a 'center channel' effect that really helps to draw you into movies (since I haven't upgraded to surround sound yet.)

All in all, it's a quality product for someone who wants a bigger screen but doesn't want to shell out huge coin.

Purchased At:   American Applicance (pre-bankruptcy)

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great tv for the price.This set has many tweeks for the picture and audio. Although not a flat screen,it appears that its on the flat side. Color decoder is very accurate and the geometry is spot on. All and all a great set compared to it competition,including that of JVC and Toshiba.

Purchased At:   BERNIES