Proscan PS32700 Standard Televisions

32" Color TV - 845 Lines Horizontal Resolution - Stereo Reception - Comb Filter - Picture in Picture - S-Video Input - 2 A/V Inputs - Universal Remote

Submitted by Kenny Seidel a

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
The television would not turn on from time to time from day one talked to the store, about exchanging it they said they had a one yr parts and labor then told me to try a variety of things before they brought it in to repair it NEVER CAME AND GOT IT Asked again for an exchange after never came and got it. they said I had to talk to Thomson Electronics they said it's got a warrentee I took it to another ATHUTERIZED SERVICE CENTER NEVER FIXED PROBLEM. Then went back to store told them I wanted a refund they said no you have to talk to thomson electronics. They said you have to talk to the store I bought it they said you've had it 4-5 months now you have to talk to thomson electronics they said you have to write our Review board NOW waiting on review board...
I have been going round and round with People over this television for 4-5 months now
I have put Thomson electronics in my home for the last time...(PROSCAN, RCA, OR ANY THOMSON ELECTRONICS ITEM.

fOR THE MONEY I PAID this television was not worth the money I paid...

Submitted by Udell Holmes II a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this at Circuit City for $649...open box, but came with remote (it's not the original remote...but a backlit Proscan model instead). I have loved this TV since day one...I was looking at getting a 27" Sony for the same price...actually, I did buy the Sony, and took it back after I saw this Proscan for sale. I have never regretted it, and for 649 for a 32", you can't go wrong. The picture is on par with teh Trinitron..and the 2 S-Video inputs are more than you usually get. WOuld I have paid full price for this? Probably not, only because it was out of my price range...and that's the only reason. This TV is great...and I'm very picky.

Submitted by Maher S a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
High Pitch sounds that occurs too often for my viewing pleasures. I have to check to see if my warranty will cover fixing this problem, but I doubt it since it's been over a year since I purchased it. It is quite annoying. This unit would get a 5 star rating hands down if it weren't for this problem.

Submitted by Ron a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this TV for about 8 months and i love it!!!! I bought it at circuit city, $899.99 but i bought the floor model for $649(couldn't turn down the huge discount) yes i realize how often it was on but i still get the same warranty as if it were in box. The picture is awesome, same if not better than sony's trinitron stuff. Sound good out of speakers, i have mine connected to a dd/dts receiver and yamaha speakers, unreal!!! Please do this TV justice and get satellite(directv or dishnetwork) cable in my area(Time Warner) is terrible!!!(picture quality sucks) If you get satellite you will see just how good this TV really is!!!!!

Submitted by Greg Morton a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
As I said before, the picture quality is top notch and the guide plus is a very nice feature. S-video isn't something unusual, but my last TV didn't have it, so it's nice. Wish it had component video for my DVD, but if I wanted that I could have gotten the HDTV ready counterpart for this TV at twice the price, but I don't care that much. As for the sound, I used to have it hooked up to an Onkyo, but then I bought the Sony STR-DB930 which turned out to suck (do not buy), so that was returned and I am awaiting the Denon AVR-2800 to come, and in the mean time I have to use, God forbid, regular TV sound. It sounds very good for a regular TV, but of course not as good as surround. So I reccommend the TV for people who want a new TV but don't want to spend thousands just for these HDTV's which won't be popular for another 5 years, and in those 5 years there will probably be changes that will make buying a HDTV now pointless. The Proscan is a good TV for now, that will last until HDTV is cheap and common.

BLG CP024: