Proscan PS32600 Standard Televisions

2.5/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

32" Color TV - 765 Lines Horizontal Resolution - Stereo Reception - Comb Filter - Picture in Picture - S-Video Input - 2 A/V Inputs - Universal Remote

Submitted by kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
bought in 2000 . that might seem like a long time but i'm 50 and have owned many tv's over the years and they even continue to work just fine even when I upgrade to new tv because of my desire for better features etc. But I guess now days you just have to expect everything you buy has a much shorter life than they used to. my proscan lost it's sound completely while I was watching it one day. never had a tv lose sound before. unfortunately like in cars and trucks you probably will have much better luck with the higher end Japanese sets rather than the cheaper models. I'm not sure if the rca proscan is American made or not but it dosn't matter I wiil never buy anything RCA again.

Submitted by nkscuba a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am also having many problems with my set. It was repaired last year and again this year. The latest repair is for the high pitched sound that others have mentioned in their review. It took over a month because acording to the repair shop they were waiting for parts. I finally received it back from the shop two weeks ago and now it is making the high pitched sound again. Do not buy this set if it is still around. I will never buy another RCA/Proscan product again.

Purchased At:   Tops

Submitted by Richard Myers a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Do not buy a ProScan TV. They all have a history of problems with the tuner.

Purchased At:   Harris TV & Appliance

Submitted by Ism Farhoon a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
The color saturation and display are excellent. I still watch all of my DVDs on this unit.
Unfortunately, its life is ending after less than three years--the primary tuner is conking out.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Fred Hilsendager a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
First I must set the record straight. Proscan is not made by RCA, the high end RCA (not all) and GE TVs are made by Thomson. Thomson was spun off of RCA years ago and is a European company.

I've read the reviews here and while I have had some of the same problems, they seem minor in some regard. Here's my history. I got this TV at Circuit City open box for $550, they through in a 5 year warranty, I also got a proscan VCR and DVD for $99 each, great setup. I have the high pitch sound until the unit warms up. It is a piece of the board the vibrates and needs to be secured, I just haven't taken the time to look for it. As respects the sound it acts like it drops the center channel, this is not a problem for me. I use my TV as a monitor. The receiver of my HT system controls everything so the sound problem that developed is not an issue.

The picture on this TV is outstanding. I've had it for several years now and I am still amazed as we are watching DVDs on how sharp and clear the picture is. The only draw back on the picture is when watching black and white movies you will get a little yellow or blue "burn" in the corner. It goes away quickly enough once something else is placed there. Since I still have the warranty I may ask them to fix that problem.

We have gotten more from this TV than we could have expected. Use it as a monitor and you will love it.

Purchased At:   Circuit City