Loewe Aconda Standard Televisions

3.11/5 (18 Reviews) MSRP : $3000.00

The new Loewe Aconda line of televisions combines a completely flat picture tube with Invar Mask that provides crisp, distortion-free images with a high-gloss finish cabinet face, creating an elegantly styled set with unmatched performance.

The initial Aconda model shipping to retailers comes with a 30-inch, 110-degree real-flat screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio, capable of displaying high definition program material, such as 1080i/960i HDTV from digital television tuners or satellite receivers.

Submitted by Sdate247 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Aconda 30 even after I read the caveats from other posters since I was assured that Loewe is still a good brand despite their little hiccups.
Well, my power supply bit the dust about 2 months ago and I am now a proud owner of a very large paperweight. The brick is still under warranty which means that Loewe get to jerk me around with "your basic powerboard is currently backordered...". I also learned today that Loewe are considering pulling out of the US market since they cannot compete with the Sony's, Panasonics, etc - you know, the TVs that are more reliable. Save yourself the disappointment and buy a different brand, or just burn a great big pile of money instead of buying a Loewe - the end result will be the same.

Purchased At:   San Francisco Stereo

Submitted by bubbles a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
What a suprise to see many of the reviews here,(Not)I have the Xelos,but no place to write a review so I'll put it here instead.

Basically Loewe are total junk to put it politely,I will never have this dreadful brand having my money in future,there products are a nightmare,unreliable,overpriced, and pathetic aftersales by people who haven't a clue.

First mistake was the, "I was made in hell" Loewe Xemix DVD player,less than a year the laser went,took it to the local Loewe servive centre,they had it 6 months,yes folks you read that right 6 months,and guess what,it took Loewe distributer five atempts to send the right transport,yes folks again you read that right,FIVE times the wrong transport was sent,can you believe that? I complain to Loewe Germany,get sent a new one,guess what in less than 6 months it breaks,doesn't work at all,very light use,take it back to the wonderful loewe service centre,4 months later!! I'm told I need to pay 200 €uros for repair,well Loewe you can just....

So I left it there,as a fully loaded Pioneer will cost less.

In the meantime,I get sucked in by the looks of the xelos TV,yes it looks lovely,picture is superb,but here is the problem again,it's unreliable,it's only 3 years old,and has just broken again,for a second time!!!get it sorted Loewe, quality control,service is NOT acceptable.

I go to turn the TV on,it won,t start,the Green and Red front lights light up,and just click on & off,just like last time,so I now have to wait again for it to be repaired,how long this time?will Loewe send the right part?.....God never again Loewe.

Purchased At:   el corte ingles

Submitted by RogerOT a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
After having spent the better part of a year researching video displays, I purchased a Loewe Aconda 9383B. It's too bad that Loewe briefly experimented with having the Acondas manufactured in the U.S., for it caused their reputation considerable harm in the marketplace, and my heart goes out to those who had so much trouble with their units. Having learned of their unfortunate experiences I made sure that I received one of the German units, and am glad I did.

The picture on the Loewe is, in my humble opinion, second to none. The color accuarcy, subtle detail and depth of image are nothing short of spectacular. Movies that have alot of dark scenes were hardly worth watching on my Sony WEGA. Not so on the Loewe. Dark scenes can be absolutely mesmerizing when all of the detail comes through. Some of the plasmas and DLP's are getting very good, but they're not there yet. I believe that the Loewe's all round performance sets the bar for the time being, and would highly recommend the product to anyone, unless they are looking for a substantially larger screen size.

Purchased At:   Local dealer

Submitted by texxans a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
I gave this product a low review score because the power keeps going out. It is weird. Not consitently but most times within about 10 minutes after turning it on it will power out by itself, it will turn on in about 1 minute but might do this 2 to 3 times and then it is perfect :) Besides that the picture on dvd 480i (it has its own upconverter to progressive scan) and high definition is nothing short of amazing. Indeed all my research says a direct view screen is the best and this bears it out. I often check out tv's at local stores and nothing best mine. It is crystal clear. Now I am not a videophile so take that into consideration, but man the pic is fantastic. I can understand people will enjoy movies fully without seeing every pixel but for the money spent, this picture warms my heart :)Hope this helps. Interestingly I probably wouldn't buy this again because of my fear that one day the tv just won't turn on again, after my warranty runs out. I would probably buy some other excellent picture tv and not notice that it is slightly below this picture quality. I am going to try a power center from monster cable like another reviewer suggested.

Purchased At:   home theater store

Submitted by ifxthen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased my Loewe Aconda 30” (piano finish) in December 2002. Right from the beginning there was a slight problem with keeping a color temperature. It was mainly noticeable with images that have white background (hockey games or skiing). The colors would start changing from white to green to pink. Originally thought that it was my DVD player. Replaced the player – the problem still there. Replaced my digital top box – the problem was still there. Removed my speakers away from the TV – still the same. Finally called Loewe for repairs. The horror began. It has been over three month since I originally contacted Loewe and after two visits to my home and taking the TV to a repair shop – the TV is in the worst shape that it ever was. Horrible customer service by Loewe (just like some low life used car dealership), unprofessional technicians that Loewe uses. It is truly a shame that the company is so poorly represented in the US. I strongly discourage any potential buyers from considering Loewe products.

Purchased At:   ravenhifi.com

Loewe Aconda 38" HDTV, VGA/RGB???

I have the opportunity to get a Loewe Aconda 38" HDTV for $800. It retailed 2 years ago for $5,500! Anyone know about them? My seating is only 8-9 feet from the TV, do you think that would be an ok size for that distance? Is there a rule of thumb for size vs. distance? I was reading on one ... Read More »

PANAMAX: