Konka FL2792U Standard Televisions

- Bass and treble controls
- Closed caption (CC) decoder
- On/off time setting
- On-screen clock
- Convenient sleep timer (120 minutes)
- 181-channel, cable-ready tuner
- Auto channel programming

Submitted by cow_78749 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
Best Picture. Love it, never owned a better TV. Great sound, especially with built in subwoofer. Every other TV vibrates when you turn the volume up... not this one!!!

Purchased At:   R.A.C.

Submitted by UnleadedCS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a good TV for the picture quality and looks. It was on sale from 550 to 330 so I bought it. I have had if for about a year and I have not had any problems with it except when it is on a still picture the sides wiggle a little bit. I think its cause I dont have a line conditioner though. The Onscreen options are nice but I have seen better. The flat screen is GREAT! When my friends come over I always get complamats on it. It does look good.
If you are looking for a good 27 inch this is a good one but if you are into brand names go with a Sony or JVC.

Purchased At:   Frys

Submitted by Gery a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
So far, so good. We use the tv 3-4 hours everyday. No quality issues. I replaced a 25" tv, better get a helper to lift this unit as it is quite a bit heavier than a 25". Its a good looking tv.

Excellent picture quality, especially with DVD player hooked up to the S-video input. I like having the two video inputs since I put my receiver on the other input. TV channel reception clarity is very good considering I am in a remote area. The flat screen is a considerable improvement of standard tubes.

Sound is good especially with the woofer turned up full. The surround effect, even when turned up fully does not have a significant impact (occasionally you can hear a sound coming from somewhere besides the tv, maybe it has to do with the source and content?).

The remote has some shortcomings. The channel numbers are not organized like a standard keypad. It takes some getting used to. Some of the control keys such as the audio effects and close caption controls are positioned right next to the numeral keys, it would be better if they were separated or color-coded.

This tv is an excellent value for the money. In spite of its low cost (at least $100 less then comparable common brand models) picture quality is not sacrificed. I would recommend this tv to anyone looking for a 27" flat screen.

Purchased At:   Fry's