Hitachi 36UX59B Standard Televisions

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I'm relatively happy with the TV, but occasionally a high pitched noise is coming from the back of the TV. I talked to the repair shop and they said they've seen this before but they don't know what it is because they haven't had enough experience with this model yet. Has anybody else experienced this? Now I have to lug it back to the store and get another one!!

Purchased At:   Video Only

Submitted by John Moore a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall after looking at 10 different TV's this model is far the best. There are no perfect TV's at least I never saw any. For the money is a great buy. To me it is like the Lexus of TV's everything else is wanta be's.

Purchased At:   HH GREG

Submitted by mark Zimmerman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Simply an excellent picture for the money. I got it as a floor model at Douglas, so don't look at the 800.00 as a price you can get new out of the box. DVD movies look sensational. It also has good sound, although I am running everything through my home theatre system.

Purchased At:   Douglas TV

Submitted by Jonathan a

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've been using this TV for almost a year now, and I'm very pleased with it's performance. It has a wonderful picture, better than any other set I've seen in it's price range. The on screen menu is easy to use and get familiar with. It has plenty of features and inputs to handle all your needs. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a set of this type. It's a good quality product.

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I thought the picture was as good as the Sony's for a lot less money! I had lots of problems with the Sony (see review).
My major complaint with this set is that the transfomer (or something) makes too much noise! I tried a second set and it did the same thing. When listening at regular volume, about 10, the transformer is as loud as the tv.
I also found the on screen menu made it difficult to set the Tv up using my Avia dvd as the menu is always in the road.
Overall I think you get more bang for your buck vs the stripped down Sony

Purchased At:   A&B Sound