Hitachi 32UX58B Standard Televisions

The Hitachi UltraVision 32UX58 is a 32"" color Television housed in a black cabinet. Featuring Hitachi's UltraBlack dynamic focus picture tube, the faceplate has a dark tint almost black. The set includes three home theater modes for movies, sports and TV that adjust brightness and contrast to their optimum settings.

Submitted by Tom T a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
I spent several hours in the store looking between this one and the Sony which was similarly priced and I went with this one. I much prefered the picture of the Ultrablack tube. For those of you who prefer a overly bright picture I would suggest you look at another model. When a friend of mine was visiting from Calgary all he could remark was Whoa when he saw the picture. He has a 10 yr old Toshiba 32". You will only find this model used now and if you can get it at a fair price then jump. I have had service issues with Hitachi regarding my DVD player and would not want to deal with them again in that respect but then if you buy used there is no warranty in any case. On the whole I like this set a lot. It swaps the PIP much faster than another friend's Sony. I do have a bit of barrel distortion and don't know if I'll try to fix myself or call in a service person. I am a computer tech and have some experience with Monitors but TV's are a little different.

Purchased At:   Visions