Advent Q2035A Standard Televisions

2.21/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $160.00

• Flat picture tube for reduced glare and picture distortion
  • Comb filter removes unwanted visual artifacts, cleaning up the picture
  • Component video input provides the best-possible connection to a DVD player
  • 2 A/V inputs (1 front and 1 rear with S-video) make it easy to connect to other components (like video-game systems and camcorders)
  • 1 coaxial RF input
  • Headphone output
  • Trilingual menu (English, French and Spanish)
  • Silver cabinet
  • Universal remote

Submitted by Joe a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2014

Bottom Line:
I bought this tv for $25 @ a thrift store about 2 years ago. One of my best pieces of property I have until it started messing up recently. It started losing its color changing to red, green, and purple screen. It now looks like a tide eye shirt.

Submitted by Bianca a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have the adevent Q2035A tv. Since I have had this tv it has been nothing but good to me and my family. I have had it alittle over a year and it hasnt given me any problems at all. This tv is great for a bedroom or office.

Submitted by john a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have the set about 6yrs . It has made it to a new home.I was just talking about the set to my wife and how great the picture is and how well the set has lasted. I remember the set was the lowest priced
tv in the store and that is why I got it.

Submitted by PVMD a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Impulse purchase of the Advent Q2035A turned out bad. My wife and I just moved into a new a house and needed a tv for our bedroom. Bought this POS. It lasted about 2 years but we had all the problems mentioned previously; loud buzzing from the beginning; blue screen issues; and finally today it just went blank. We recently had FIOS installed and the pictured worked for 30 days then simply went blank. Pushed the TV/AV button and it completely shut down. I unplugged/plugged it in and the TV never came back on. It even turned itself on and off twice. Didn't bother with any customer service call due to the other reviews. It's now a large paper weight/dust collector. I've never had such a terrible experience with any other audio/visual product before. I will never purchase an Advent or recommend it to any of my friends or enemies, for that matter. DO NOT BUY ONE or YOU'LL BE SORRY!

Submitted by Patrick Cohan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2009

Bottom Line:
The first couple of years this television was just fine for the bedroom. Clear picture, easily adjustable brightness for lights-out watching. But several months ago we noticed that the volume would take a few minutes to work. Now, it takes about 20 minutes to warm up enough for the volume work. As of this week, my wife believes it may be getting closer to half of an hour. So, the story goes, "cheap is as cheap gets".

Wood Technology: