Zenith PRO900X Front Projectors

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

- 1920X1080i Resolution for HDTV (ATSC Digital) Resolution.
- XVGA (1024X768) Resolution Image of Computer Display.
- 7"" Liquid Coupled CRTs for brighter, sharper image.
- Displays All ATSC HDTV Formats.
- High Resolution color corrected hybrid lenses F1.03 Aperture.
- Scheimpflug Focus for accurate convergence and clear focus corner to corner.
- 800 Lumens light output for enhanced brightness and picture qualty.
- Multi Aspect Ratio of 4:3, 16:9 or compressed for NTSC.
- RS232 Data Communication Port.
- Multilingual Menu.

Submitted by Jim a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I installed my projector in July 2000 and have had tons of fun tunning it in. This is something that I would not recomend to anyone unless they are total techs. I have probably 160 hours of tunning into this since purchasing the set. I have my projector in a basement home theater in a black room. This projector is probably not the birghtest, but works well for me with my Stewart Cinematique 120" screen. This unit is by far the best entry level projector that was available in 2000. I went to CES and looked at all of the CRT/LCD and DLP projectors and found that many manufatutuers (Runco, etc.) used the Pro 900X as the chasis for their product.

Purchased At:   Spencers/Mesa, AZ

Submitted by Kosta a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
Here's the bottom line:
You can't beat this projector for the money.
I tested out several other projectors at several stores throughout the city (New York City & Long Island) and could not find anything that was comparable for this price point. If you can get a good High Def signal the picture is amazing. I had a 60" wide screen & upgraded to 80" wide. The picture before was slightly sharper only ecause of the smaller area to project on. My new screen displays a picture that is excellent. I watched a Lacross match the other day only because it was on High Def (Channel 199 on DirecTV). Zenith has definately built a winner. The bigger unit Zenith sells is of course brighter, clearer and sharper, but will set you back an aditional 15-20 thousand more $'s. This might be considered an entry level CRT projector, but once correctly installed & with the right source, the picture is definately worth every penny & then some.

Purchased At:   Audio Breakthroughts