Sharp XV-H37VUA Front Projectors

3.73/5 (11 Reviews)

SharpVision LCD projector

Submitted by Robert Poiani a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
After reading the other reviews, I thought I'd add this....I have had similar experiences, bulb explosion, 800 hours per bulb, dust in the lens housing, etc. I also have some yellow spots where the LCD board has gone bad. Overall, its worth the savings compared to other more expensive projectors with more lumens, more pixels, etc.. I use the projector everyday. I paid under $4,000 for the projector and screen and have enjoyed the HUGE picture for years. It does cost me $300 per year for a new bulb each year. A small price to pay for 200 inches of movie screen. I would recommend this projector for a first time buyer and still don’t understand how anyone would buy an expensive, bulky, ugly, cumbersome big screen TV that is limited to 60 inches of screen.

Purchased At:   Phoenix AZ

Submitted by Miguel Rubio a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
YO TENGO UN PROYECTOR XV-H37VUA Y LO QUE ME INTERESA ES ES LA PIEZA BQC-XVH37V/I only

CUANTO CUESTA Y DONDE LA CONSIGO.

GRACIAS........

Submitted by ricky a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I really love this PJ . It has proved great for watching dvds and sports. Im using a hipower da-lite screen combo.

People who visit think its awesome

Submitted by Alex Ngan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
The overall performance of the unit is not bad. There is hot spot if you look very carefully on a simple scene. Contrast is good. I had real bad experienced with the bulb. It exploded on me 1 day while I was watching a movie. It really exploded with a bad bang. The shatter glass actually sratched the piece of glass plate in front of the bulb. The bulb is rated for 2000 hours. I estimated that my bulb had about 800 hours of usage. I took the unit in a Sharp authorized service center. The service manager told me that they will charge me 2 hours of labour to replace the bulb. According to him the technician had to reset the computer inside the projector once the bulb was replaced. I talked to other service center and they told me to replace the bulb will only cost me $50 and no other adjustment is necessary. I eventually had the bulb replaced and it cost me total of $550 Canadian.
After the bulb was replaced, I can see some defect showing up on the picture which was caused by the shattered glass.

Purchased At:   Local HI FI store

Submitted by Richard Rotella a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
This unit was made for home theater and includes a built in line doubler which helps to make any source look good. I have had my unit for 5 years now and am on my second bulb. I use it approx 30 hrs/week. That's 7500 hrs of use with no problems other than dust accumulation on the LCDs!(which I have removed periodically.)

The unit blows away all RPTVs of its time but times are changing with HDTV sets now available.

This unit was a steal in its time. Today it would be a good purchase used for $1000 because its relyable, small/transportable, and all you need to worry about is replacing the bulb so it will last forever. When I upgrade to HDTV this baby is going in my bedroom where I imagine it will last until my HDTV is replaced with some three dimentional holographic unit!

Purchased At:   Internet Retailer