Runco International CL-710 Front Projectors

Texas Instrument HD-2+ DMD chip, 16:9 Widescreen native aspect ratio, 1280x720 resolution, 1800:1 contrast ratio, HDTV ready, DVI input with HDCP.

Submitted by Chief a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2005

Bottom Line:
I originally had the CL-510 but upgraded to the CL-710 for the HD capability. I think the price is a little higher than what similar equiped units like BenQ and Infocus. Mine is was installed by my dealer in the construction process of finishing my basement. It is a semi-dedicated HT room. I have been very happy with the picture in every respect. Colours, brightness and yes even the blacks are excellent. I have about 600 hours on the projector and have had no problems. I am viewing on a 92" Stewart FireHawk screen. The only weaknesses that I have found (and this may be inherent with all projectors) is that the room must be dark for the best picture. As well the fan noise is noticable especially during quite passages of film. I have since had my installer box the projector is and this has helped. It pays to go to a good and reputable dealer and have them install it. Canadian Sound was great.

Purchased At:   Canadian Sound