Sony WEGA LCD HDTV Flat Panel Televisions

3.61/5 (74 Reviews)

Captivating entertainment meets refined elegance in Sony's High Definition LCD Rear Projection TV. Our features come together to produce images and sound like no other. Cinema Black, an Integrated ATSC Tuner, 0.87" WXGA LCD Panels, 3.28 Million Dots of Resolution, 1,092,168 Million Dots Per Panel, and Sony's Proprietary WEGA Engine System all contribute to this surreal experience. Direct Digital II Circuitry, Digital Reality Creation® MultiFunction V1 Circuitry, Multi Image Driver (MID® X) Circuitry, CineMotion® Reverse 3-2 Pulldown Technology, and Enhanced Memory Stick® Media Playback* also add to our unique combination of style and technology. Sony's new beauty is not just skin deep. Arouse your senses - the KDF-70XBR950.

Submitted by BigPoppaPimp a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought the model KDF55E200 in 2007 after 3 years the bulb went on it. I was leary when I bought it but got the floor model after they threw in the 5 year extended warranty for $50. I was told by the sales lady that short of someone throwing something through the screen I was 100% covered. After paying for the replacement bulb the TV worked fine until last week when the optical block started to go. I called the about the warranty and was told a technician would be by on Monday. Monday the tech called and asked for the model number and this is where the story went south turns out the model number is KF-E50A10 . So 4 years ago I paid extra for a 55" television which on the invoice it says I purchased but actually received a 50" with a history of problems.

Submitted by bschwartz123 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2009

Bottom Line:
My review will look like nearly everyone's review after they've owned a Sony 60" WEGA TV for more than 3 or 4yrs. The set come with a defective Optic Block, so just after replacing the Lamp ($250), they too will have to replace Sony's DEFECTIVE OPTIC BLOCK ($700 part + $350 installation, and taxes ). In my case, Sony first recommended I have the TV diagnosed by a Sony certified repair company ($95). Total disaster came to over $1,300 in repairs, parts and labor for what is supposed to be Sony's highest quality, video enthusiast LCD Rear-Project TV, retailing for $4,500 when purchased. SONY is not a company to do business with if you plan on owning your TV for more than 4yrs. Good luck to those buying new Sony products today... this coming from a Sony die-hard since the days of the walk-man. NEVER again.

Submitted by fapa a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
there is a leak of purple zigzag in the left side of the screen . The tv is in the living room which we are ever in there , paid over 2000.00 dollars for this tv and maybe turned it on 30 times and it had not been turned on for a year and so the neighbours kids wanted to watch a video and that is when we notice it was really defective. we checked the cable connection and even had someone else look at it, and they have never seen the purple leak in the screen and he as well asked why is there so much snow in the screen and we just thought it was badly connected because that has always been that way. Crapyola tv for sure. Our hard earn money down the drain.

Submitted by Darrin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
Sony Wega has been the biggest disappointment, especially from a brand that is supposedly trusted so much by consumers. I've had this t.v. for 4 years. After the first two, the picture went out and guess what? It is going out again.It was never the same picture wise after the first repair. We have had other brands like, sharp, panasonic etc. for over 20 years that have had no issues!!!!! Pretty pathetic. They only cost a fraction of the price. Rather than repair this one again, has anyone heard of any issues with the Vizio? Or had any luck with a different brand of 55" t.v.'s? Comments would be appreciated. Buyer beware, do not buy Sony!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by salnascar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
Purchased new 01/17/06 and within 2 years from purchase the B-Block went bad. We spoke with sales at PC Richards and where told there was only 1 year warranty from manufacture , but they have a service bulletin out due to the problem. When we contacted Sony several times only one person tried to help, we sent a copy of purchase statement and when the called back we where told that the repair was on us. The internet is full of customers like me that exactly after 2 years there TV failed, and are complaining and getting nowhere. So to all that want to purchase a Sony Product, Yes reviews so it's all in all good, but for how long they don't tell you.
Sony WEGA HDTV $2300.00
Extra accessories $ 252.60
3 Mnts On the Phone With Sony Techs. $ 37.82
Repair Problem $1050.00
Reading reviews before purchasing a Sony product PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

Purchased At:   PC richerds