Hitachi 42HDT50 Flat Panel Televisions

• Pixel Pitch 0.9 x 0.51mm
  • Diagonal size 42 in

Submitted by krismach a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
Stopped working after just one month.

Called Hitachi and they told me to call an authorized repair center. I called the repair center and the repair center referred me to another repair center... I called that repair center who made an appointment to see the TV... Took a week for them to come out to see it. After inspecting it told me they have to order a replacement power supply from Hitachi... That took almost two weeks... Once they got it in, it took them couple of days to come to my house to replace the power supply. It still didn't work after that... So they decided to replace another part, the logic board, which they have to order from Hitachi again...

It's been almost two weeks again. And I have been with out TV for over a month... Paying almost $6k for a TV that works for a month made me really upset as you can imagine. I would have been happy if Hitachi fixed it in a reasonable time, but over a month is not reasonable. I have called Hitachi and asked for a refund or replacement to which they just flat out said no. Of course during this time I am also paying for Satellite service which I can't use. I would highly recommend staying away from ALL Hitachi products.

Purchased At:   HDTVtime.com