Proscan PS50700 Rear Projection

50" Projection TV - 4:3 Aspect Ratio - 900 Lines Horizontal Resolution - Comb Filter - Surround Sound Audio - Picture in Picture - S-Video Input - 2 A/V Inputs - Universal Remote

Submitted by Randy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Purchased 2-23-99
first repair 5-26-00 $228.33
2nd repair 3-16-02 $502.16
8-19-02 set won't work
HV Transformer & output transistor bad on both repairs

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Lance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this TV new from Future Shop in Dec. 1998. The TV was originally priced at $1899.00. I compared the tv with Toshiba and Sony and found the Proscan to have the sharpest picture with the best color tones. So far I have had no problems and the TV is working great.

Submitted by M A C a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just Purchased on the 17th of January 2002 as a closeout, openbox refurbished. To be honest, we were really looking to get a 36" tube, but at $769, $996.07 with tax, and Extended Service Plan, we would have spent the same. However for a 50" RPTV, this would definitely have to be a no brainer. I saw a couple of negative items that were addressed. I seem to be pretty pleased with this unit even though it is not HDTV ready. I will not complain as some ungrateful people out there would. I know my brother in-law and his wife were pretty impressed, since they just purchased a 36" Hitachi Ultravision less than 45 days ago, and now want our 50". Well that is flattering. If anything changes in 6 months or so, I will resubmit another review. If I remember a year from know, I will do another review and let everyone know more about it.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Dennis Boschert a

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
The unit operated just fine when we recieved it into the house. One exception was that thee Guide Plus programming feature did not work. However, we did not concern ourselves with this since we had digital cable which included this feature. Once digital cable was canceled, this became more important to us. After the initial problem was unable to be repaired by the local Proscan representative, contact was made to the manufacturer for the replacement of this unit. They, however, wanted to continue to replace various components in an effort to make the set functional. Thomson Electronics (the manufacturer) finallly admitted that this feature was not functional after having the unit in the shop for over two months.

Here is where the real story begins. Thomason Electronics attempted to replace our unit for several months with no success. This is suprising to us that they were unable to get a unit when THEY are the manufacturer of same.

I will never own another RCA\Proscan since this company cares nothing of its current and life-long customers. We were treated rudely on every attempt we madeto resolve this issue from the beginning to the top of the company Mr. JIM MEYER. This man just deligated off the responsibilty to others so that he didn't have to deal with it even after two personal letters to him.

All of this can be documneted.....

Submitted by Jeff Mathis a

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Excellent Big Screen for the money. I was fortunate to be able to buy a floor model and save alot of money. Much better picture than Sony or Toshiba. Great PIP, sound is good for built in speakers. Super good for angles of view. Very easy to setup, able to ajust picture to room light.
Nice and easy remote control.