Mitsubishi WT-46805 Rear Projection

4.29/5 (70 Reviews)

Platinum Series 46" Widescreen HDTV Ready Rear Projection TV - 16:9 Aspect Ratio - Progressive Scan - Component Video Input

Submitted by mauishows a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have a 46' Mitsubishi Big Screen HDTV Model # WT 46805 and when I look at the picture it is blurry. I don't know how to fix it. I notice it expesicially on people's eyes on tv.

Submitted by jerdoh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
My model is the WT 46809. It has a truly beautiful picture after turning down the factory presets which were near max. I strongly recommend using Video Essentials or a similar CD to get maximum performance. Factory convergence was really right on even after shipment which I found surprising because these large sets can take a beating in shipment.
I got rid of my old Toshiba DVD player and got the new Toshiba SD 5700 Progressive Scan. It does a great job and the pictures from it are crystal clear. I even marvel at the improvement in the Cox Cable signal (fibre optic) on this set.
This set requires a stand and the factory one is a bit pricy - I am a woodworker so I built my own from the PDF file and print at the Mitsubishi site. My investment for the stand $35 compared to the nearly $200 factory model. Like the previous reviewer, I made my decision on this Mitsubishi after reading all the reviews on this site - thanks to all who contributed.
I use an older Sony STE DE715 Home Theatre Amp (500W) and Altec VOT A7-500s as mains, a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's as the surrounds and a pair of Klipsch Synergy SB-1's as the center channel.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Shooter576 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
First off this is a 46809 model. Before purchasing this TV I read reviews on this page about it. So I give a thanks to you people for taking the time to help me on my choise. Once I placed it in the room and did the nessary hook ups, I started the set up on it and I can only say it was a snap. Being use to a 32" Sony w/ digital cable, I was use to a very nice picture and this TV did not let me down. As with other reviewers I did have to tweek it a bit and with that done I can say I am impressed. With the DVD, Sony 360, hooked up thru component inputs the picture was great. I am replacing it with a Toshi 9200 and I can't wait ta see this. The remote, to me anyway, is nice and very funtional. Being that it is not clunky nor hard to works. Would like the lighted part to be all buttons lit but what the heck. Convergence was right on from the factory and didn't need further tweaking. Digital signal is very nice and analog? wel let me explain this first. I have the cable in antA and the cable out to the decoder box. Then back into the TV to ant B. On ant A the analog is nice but on ant B it sucks. Could be just to many connections there. We'll have ta go back and just use the decoder box in only to clean that up. Other than that it is one great TV.
My system that I have hooked up to it goes as follows
Onkyo 797 A/V 6.1 reciever
JBL L100 fronts
JBL S center
JBL S38 surround
JBL S back
Sony 360 DVD (Being retired)
Toshiba 9200 DVD (new toy in the house)
DBX 3BX range expander for the analog
Bob Carver C-9 Sonic halograph
JVC QL-Y5F turntable (old but still great)
Mitz HDTV 1080 decoder box.
Once again thanks for helping me ta make my a great choise on this purchase

Purchased At:   American TV

Submitted by kissfan4 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
This TV is awesome! I've had it for about a month, and have had no problems. As with most RPTV's the contrast was set wide-open out of the box. So, I turned it WAY down, and adjusted the color a bit to suit my taste, and now the picture is nearly perfect. I don't have a HDTV connection yet though. I live too far away from the city to receive an OTA signal, and I'm gonna wait a while until DirecTV adds more hi-def channels before I buy a new receiver (I currently have regular DirecTV).
I highly recommend buying the optional stand also. It puts the set at the perfect height, and also provides a place for all your other a/v components.

Price Paid:    $2099.00

Purchased At:   HH Gregg

Submitted by Randy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have been very happy with the picture, the remote is easy to use and set up. The Actual speakers on the TV are not that good, but it sounds great, set up with your stereo.After having the set for 11 months, while in the middle of a movie, the convergence went out of alignment. The system to adjust the convergence did not work. We had to have a technician come over to fix the convergence. A part went out and it will take two weeks to get a replacement part. Which seems like a long time. I am in the first day of waiting.

MS 1400W: