Mitsubishi WS-73907 Rear Projection

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Screen Size - 73" Aspect Ratio - 16:9 Finish - High Gloss Burl 2-Piece Cabinet

Submitted by Dennis a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a great TV. I'm sure glad it is in two pieces so I could get it in my home. I have a Pioneer Elite Progressive scan DVD Player DV-37 and the pictures are great. The only problem I had was to much red in the picture. I was able to get and alternator for the red push and that solved that problem.

Purchased At:   AbtElectronics

Submitted by Smitty a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I really love this TV. As with all RP (Rear Projection) TV's you have to have a relatively dark room. I bought special room darkening shades made by Levelor, they have no holes for the string. I have shades behind them. One of these days I'll get them for the skylites.
You can get really close to this set and not see the scan lines. From more than 10 feet I cannot see them at all even looking closely into white areas of the picture.
DVD's look like HDTV quality to me. They look PERFECT. Ever so slight distortion on sharp edges moving fast. DSS is close behind and CATV looks great but not perfect.
Did I mention how much I LOVE the HUGE screen? Did I buy this TV just because it's the biggest digital RP? YES!
This is the TV for you if you want a wide screen digital BIG screen TV. Is IS big. It is also heavy. Pay extra to have it delivered to your TV/theater room or have a crew of guys around to help you move it.
The price I paid is very close to dealer cost at the time I bought it (Summer 2001).

Purchased At:   Thru dealer's back door

Submitted by Ilya Bilik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Huge set almost impossible to lift without special equipment. Fortunately it may be disassembled into two parts.
Once we brought it inside (my home theater is on the 3rd floor of my house), everything else was very easy to set up.
Picture quality is excellent, but only with progressive scan DVD or HDTV programs (requires optional HDTV decoder - $800 from Mitsubishi). I use DirecTV which has 1 HDTV HBO channel + 1 demo/paid channel and regular antenna with 3 HDTV channels - NBC, ABC, WB-TV. Regular TV channels and regular DirecTV channels seems to be poor quality because of the big screen size. I hope for more HDTV in the future.
Overall expirience of watching widescreen film on DVD or on DirecTV in HDTV is much better than in real theater with privacy of your own couch.
3 stars for value - very expensive.
4 stars overall - would be five all programs would be close to HDTV quality.

Purchased At:   Klear View

Submitted by ken doe a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
THE SET I HAVE IS ACTUALLY 2001 BOUGHT IT IN NOVEMBER.
THE PICTURE IS BY FAR GREAT BLACK ON BLACK HOLDING IS EXCELLENT, ONCE TUNED PERFECTLY.....WATCH OUT.....NOTHING BUT CLEAR PICTURE AFTER PICTURE. FOR THE DVD PLAYER I HAVE THE SONY 9000 ES AND WOW WHAT A GREAT PICTURE ....WHEN YOU HAVE A REFERANCE DVD MOVIE OTHER THEN THAT H.D. IS LIKE WATCHING A 3D VERSION OF ANYTHING THAT APPEARS ON THE SCREEN.

Purchased At:   totons