Mitsubishi WS-73903 Rear Projection

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Kenneth Schneider a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I don't know if anybody is having the same problems that I am, but the original covergence only lasted three years. Luckily, I purchased an extended warranty and Sight 'n Sound replaced the convergence at the end of December 2002 with a cheaper version. Now, that convergence has gone out as of early February 2003. I enjoy the television, but the aggravation of replacing the covergence so often doesn't make it worth the while.

Purchased At:   Sight 'n Sound

Submitted by Mike a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Wow! I just picked this unit up cheap as a demo in a store...I hear some stores in florida are selling these for $5,000. This thing is unbelievable. The picture is not as good as the Pioneer, but for me I'd rather sacrafice that for a little larger picture. The wide screen is great, but there is a lot of descrepency between DVD formats. Some work great, some need expand and zoom feature from TV- which degrades picture slightly. This thing is so big, it really feels like a movie theater in my house. Note that the WS-73905 now adds a progressive scan DVD input. the 03 does not.

Submitted by george arzymanow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
The 65903 was a dissappointment .A number of problems . The service man was unable to fix them after 4 visits . However with my dealers help Mitsubishi agreed to swap it out so I went for the 73". Good move . I've had no problems . The picture fantastic . I watch a lot of DVD's . I'm waiting for the next generation HDTV tuner . Based on all the reviews this is probably the set to own for HD . The 9" CRT's blow the competition away . Though the price is not cheap if you compare it to a Runco front projector with 7'CRT's @ $12000 and extra for installation and screen the Mitsubishi is competetive . By the way the Runco with 9" CRT's is $25000 .

Submitted by Jeffrey House a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1999

Bottom Line:
Mitsubishi has the market with the entire line of projection tv's. The 16x9 display is no exception. Aside from the price tag ($9K) this unit offers an image that will make home theatre enthusiasts wet their pants! Countless useful features dominate the mitsubishi line of projection televisions (I really like the dual-tuner side by side picture in picture feature), componant inputs, s-video etc, etc.. When displaying a 16x9 enhanced DVD the picture is nothing short of stunning. Highly recommend!!

High End: