Mitsubishi WS-55907 Rear Projection

4.22/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $5000.00

Screen Size - 55" Aspect Ratio - 16:9 Finish - High Gloss Burl

Submitted by eric a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
over all I would give this product a 2 out of ten.

Purchased At:   brands mart

Submitted by Cesar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
I must say it was one of the best purchases I made. I just started getting my HT system together and I decided I needed a good quality TV that I will be happy with. After months of research(seem like years), I decided to get the Mitsubishi. I looked at Sony XBRs, Pioneer Elite, Mitsubishi Platinum Plus Series, Toshiba, etc..I had first ordered a PlatinumPlus Series from PC Richards but they sold it to me without having in stock, after constantly calling and talking to the manager, I managed to work a deal to get the Diamond Series which was my original choice but was a little too expense before the deal I struck. Got my Mitsubushi HD receiver and I was blown away with clarity of this thing, pop in a game on my PS2 and "forgetta about it", virtual reality doesn't have anything on playing these games on this screen. The only draw back is getting HDTV broadcasting, currently there are only 2 channels HBOH and HDTVNET on DirecTV but even regular cable and regular broadcasting looks good (if you don't mind the compressed image), of coarse you can change the format, there are 5 to choose from. If you are in the market of getting an HDTV, do your homework, know the differences between HDTV compatible and HDTV Ready...when you buy this TV in order to get HDTV broadcasting you'll have to get an HDTV Sat. receiver, just ask ALL the questions before buying, like What exactly do I need to get HDTV broadcasting on this TV?? You'll be surprise is you don't ask, and that HD receiver is not cheap either. Another thing you'll be shocked to see, the number of inputs this thing has. Overall buy this TV if you can afford it, it bring you nothing but joy and about that RED PUSH....It's managable...Trust me...it's not like you're see red all the time...

Purchased At:   PC Richards

Submitted by J S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
Wonderful television. Bought it for a home theater setup. With all the connections in the rear of this thing it was the perfect compliment to my HT. I have no buyers remorse after buying this set. At this price level, there is no better HD capable set. If you want to step up a few thousand, the Pioneer Elite is a nice set. Bang for the buck, I suggest the Mits. The red push is present. While I was shopping for a TV, I couldnt find a RP television that didnt have it to some degree. Please do not pay retail for this set. Make sure you shop this around before buying. I saved myself $500 by shopping price.

Submitted by Jon Murray a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great set, at what I feel , is a great price. Just 6 months ago this set was 5k, and now you can get it for 37 hundred or less. What a picture! This is not my first hd tv, but it is my first widescreen. I love it. I watch dvd's all the time now. I must admit the pioneer elite has a better picture, but the price is just way too high. Also, in reference to the mitsubishi red push problem, I can see it on this set, but it is no where near as bad as others have led me to believe. My privious mits had this problem, and it was much worse. Overall this is a great product... no buyers remorse.

Purchased At:   Ken Cranes

Submitted by Greg Moskoff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have owned this set for about 7 months now and I still love it. The picture is great and the built in speakers have not received enough notice from other reviewers. While I run my programs through Boston VR-975s now, before I purchased the speakers I was very impressed with what I heard. The multi-point convergence is a nice feature and I have found it makes a big difference to wait to calibrate the set after it has warmed up for about 20 minutes. I have not yet purchased a Hi-def setup but I am going to fairly soon. Mitsu's promise that it will adapt to future technology changeds in high-def was what put me over the edger to buy this set.

Mitsubishi 55907