Mitsubishi WS 55857 Rear Projection

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

- EDF (Enhanced Depth-of-Field) Lenses: These advanced lenses provide more accurate focus in the corners and along the edges of the screen.
- High-Resolution Bitmapped Graphics Processor: Ideal for on-screen graphics with 3D-like depth and image detail.
- 3D Graphical ViewPoint Menu: Uses the full capability of our new graphics processor to display easy-to-understand icons and text in a logical and intuitive way so that TV settings are immediately understood and changes are easily made.
- VGA Input: Allows connection of a PC or digital set-top box for displaying a standard VGA 60 Hz image. Computer games and multimedia Internet sites develop a new level of realism when viewed on such a large, clear and bright screen.
- System 4 Home Theater Control: Makes the day-to-day operation of a complex audio/video system as easy as using a TV. Simply select the device you wish to view on the TV's five-layer remote control and press the Home Theater setup button. Both your TV and your AV receiver will automatically select the desired input.

Submitted by wpetko a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was shopping for 6 months looking for a good deal on the Sony 57xbr2. I was only purchased and was intrested only in Sony. Then I started talking with a sales man at Good Guys. He should me all the features of the 55857 (like 1394 ports and NetCommander). I also noticed that the picture was sharper than the Sony, but it had a glare from the lights. I found out that is because the show rooms our about 20% - 30% brighter than homes. After comparing the two for another 2 months. I found that the 55857 out performed the Sony in most aspects. A great buy, but if you have a little more money go with the 55905.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Paul Zello a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I shopped for three months trying to evaluate the best value in a 50 plus inch widescreen H.D.T.V. I was on somewhat of a budget wanting to keep my cost under $4000.00
After extensive shopping I finally settled on the WS-55857. FOr the price I paid ($3400.00) it is unbeatble. Excellent clarity, choice of five picture formats, and great viewing from any angle in the room. The slosest performer I found was a 56" Toshiba which was $1000.00 higher that the Mitsu. Having owned some Mitsubishi TV's is years past I am confident that it will prove to be extremely reliable for many years.

Purchased At:   Sound Idea