Mitsubishi WS 55819 Rear Projection

4.85/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $3299.00

Stepping from analog into the world of high definition has never been easier. The WS-55819 projection TV delivers deluxe features and QuadField Focus for further improvements in picture performance. This is amazing when you consider that you'll have such features as our DPM3™ - our third-generation Diamond Digital Pixel Multiplier™. DPM3™ enables the TV's precision circuitry and optics to display standard-resolution TV programming with finer detail and smoother, more natural texture. Plus, dual progressive scan (480p)/interlaced (480i) component video inputs enable the highest possible performance from a progressive scan DVD player.
  • MicroFine™ Phosphor CRTs
  • Multi-Image Viewing

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Tyler a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
    Great TV. Price was great. Picture looked outstanding at the store, but they were show HDTV. I am not currently recieving HD.

Purchased At:   Hi Fi Buys

Submitted by Nick Donato a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
    Mitsubishi makes the best displays I have ever seen! No other TV comes close! I'm not just talking rear projection either. I've yet to see the DLP front projector, Plasma or tube TV that looks better.

There are a few flagship displays from other manufacturers that are as good as mitsubishi's entry level sets but, that’s all.

Progressive scan DVDs look almost High Definition. High definition images look Amazing, breathtaking on the upper end Platinum plus and Diamond series sets.

My advice to anyone is to buy highest level Mitsubishi set you can afford.

Submitted by james darschewski a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
    For the price i think this was the tv to get...no integrated HDTV tuner so once they figure out the specs i can purchase a STB. Nice picture, although with satellite it is a little weak...Great DVD playback, and the hi def at the shop i bought it was great.

Purchased At:   Soundtrack

Submitted by aachtenberg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
    Good looking clean cut set. Wheels make it a breeze to move around. I spent about 6 months comparison shopping. I narrowed it down to the Toshiba 50HX81, Mitsubishi WS-46809 and the WS-55819. I was tempted to purchase the 46 or 50 because of the size of the room I was placing the set in. I went with the 55819 because it seemed as though the Toshiba's picture was too pixelated for my taste and a little too much blue in the picture. I set the sharpness down low and adusted all settings, but It still seemed to me that the Mitsubishi set looked better, with less adjustment. I have hooked it up to a Panasonic TU-HDS20 with direct tv. The HDTV channels look as expected: incredible. I have yet to hook it up to a progressive scan DVD player so I cannot comment on that feature as of yet.

Purchased At:   Tweeter

Submitted by rgwaz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
    Excellent HDTV Picture (I got it bundled with a Mits SR_HD400 tuner), very good progressive scan DVD, average cable reception (compared to Hitachi and Pioneer). One of the few 55" 16X9 screens available (most are 53 and 57). More inputs than you will ever need! Wish it had a 720P display option. I considered other models: Toshiba Theater Wide models and Pionneer 58" HD5 (non-Elite mode). I was leaning toward Pioneer at the local warehouse club but the Mits was close in quality and the electronics retailer was running a free HDTV tuner promotion that made this TV a good deal. Overall I am very happy with the Mitsubishi. Good off axis viewing for a projection unit.

Purchased At:   Ultimate -