Mitsubishi WS 55809 Rear Projection

4.43/5 (14 Reviews)

- Employs fine-grain phosphors for a 20 percent smaller spot sizes, resulting in sharper, clearer, higher-resolution images.
- Even video content with bright colors and fast action is displayed with a new level of clarity.
- High-speed Velocity Scan Modulation has the speed and precision it takes to deliver crisp-edge detail even at the hyperfast scan rates of 480p and 1080i.
- Enhanced depth-of-field lenses: advanced lenses provide more accurate focus in the corners and along the edges of the screen.

Submitted by Easymember a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is a great television set and reliable as long as you get a real good service agreement. Pun intended. I give it 4 stars for picture quality on all fronts as long as you get the picture adjusted by a trained service tech and then you will be pleased.
I went for the savings and bought mine off the showroom floor at Sears and I knew that it had been a used television. It was the last of the line and going for a few hundred off the price of a better newer model.

But then, seemingly to the day, after the factory warranty expired all of the sudden when I turned on the television it would have a skewed image appear for a brief moment then snap back to a clear image. The skew in the picture was slight and hardly noticed but then over the next few weeks became a few seconds to a longer period like 10 or twenty seconds until it just stayed like that. If I played the Finding Nemo DVD then it would return to a clear image but only if I played Finding Nemo. Weird huh?

After a call to tech support a tech was dispatched. After every printed circuit board and 4 techs later I have a completely repaired television. All covered under extended warranty. Money spent upfront or on the back end. They get it either way.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by ariel rodriguez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
This tv is awesome, it has a clear picture. i like the way that the audio and video is memorized when you change inputs. I own a progressive scan dvd player and the picture is just amazing.

Purchased At:   home theater store

Submitted by Omar Flores a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have 1 month with this TV and suddenlly it is useless, The garantee is not as good as it should be.

Purchased At:   Sala Chopin

Submitted by kingkustom a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
Before buying this set. I did many comparisons and was very picky about what I was going to buy, my opiion is that you can't beat Mitsubishi's quality for the price. I have had the wide screen for exactly a year now and I am just now writing a review,(a bit too much red at times) if there were any viable annoyances with this set I would for sure know by now. I use it with a Harmon Kardon AVR7000 and a Toshiba SD-6200 progressive scan DVD player,and Polk Audio for sound. My wife and I watch about 2-3 DVD's per week and this set has been the most entertaining and fun bang for the buck I can say I have ever purchased,I have a bad habbit of stopping the movies we get in the beginning to tweak this and that, and when I finally sit down to watch I am still amazed every time at the clarity and performance I get from the WS55809. I recently got an older HD receiver, it is 480 - 1080 swithable, I don't know much about it. But up until now I have really not been interested in even installing the HD receiver, the set has provided such a good picture that this will be another level, I am imaging that it will appear as the ones I looked at on display did, the programs broadcast in Hi Definition are a bit limited,I recently changed from DSS to Digital Cable (for PC reasons) and the picture is not as good,there is talk that there will be HD broadcast through cable in the future. That would be awesome.

Purchased At:   Home Theater Store

Submitted by Steve Miller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
After checking out Big Screens for over a year a finally decided on this model. Every time I went to stores I would Check out the TV's I narrowed it down to Hitachi and Mitsubishi. When I finally got it home I new I had made the right choice. The overall picture is better and the I like the way it looks.

Purchased At:   Sears