Mitsubishi WD-52725 Rear Projection

• Auto Film Mode Anti-Glare Diamond Shield
  • 5" Coaxial Speakers CableCARD

Submitted by Harry a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
I can do one better. I purchased a LaserVue for over $7000. and worked fine for 11 months. Then it would not turn on, so I called the number that was so clearly plastered on the TV everytime it turns on, that's when I wanted someone to shoot me. Mitsubishi diagnosed the error code over the phone, that was 7 weeks ago. It took 6 weeks to get the approval to order the part. Today I call them, because it seems like their phones don't call out!!!! They stated the part was on backorder with no date. After yelling a little and getting berated by the operator, the part is going to magically show up in 7 business days. WOW it is now going to take 9 weeks and possibly more to get this fixed. I requested a replacement and got vehemently denied, oh no we don't do that I was told by Mitsubishi, but we sell you a TV that breaks down after 7 Months and have no idea how to repair it. So good luck if you are fortunate to have a Mitsubishi that actually turns on, because the company does not care after it breaks down, they just laugh all the way to the bank with your money.

Submitted by Brandon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
In "five words or less", this product was bery unreliable. I will never buy Mitsubishi again. And i'm a very reasonable person. Problems first started happening in this first year (while under thie 1st year factory warranty), and even though the problems were "covered" by the warranty, they still charged money to have a technician come out and look at it. $98.00 to be exact... After the inspection, They wanted to charge us full price while under warranty, for the replacement of another power ballast. With installation, they wanted $913.00 before taxes, while the tv was still on it's first year warranty! To make this a little clearer as well, the bulb had already went two times and needed to be replaced. So at this point in time, I was statistically paying for a whole new tv during the first year of purchasing my existing Mitsubishi TV, so why not just go buy another TV?!? To sugar coat this for you, even if I went through with buying the new power ballast and installation service, Mitsubishi did not guarantee the installed products for even three months! Keep in mind, this was a brand new TV, straight from the box.

Take my word on it. If you want to spend $1000.00 or more on your next TV, to perform half of what you paid, buy Mitsubishi. Otherwise, stick with the new Samsung series or Sony Bravia and buy at Best Buy so you can insure your product 110%. My experience with them has been superior and premiere to every other store.

I hope this review has helped someone understand the danger of Mitsubishi TV's, logically.

Submitted by M. Crouse a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
Buyer beware of this product ---mitsubishi TV sucks. I had the product for 2.5 years and the DM board failed---I'll never buy another mitsubishi product again.

Purchased At:   Magnolia TV

Submitted by mr-clean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Wow. What a disappointment. This is my third Mitsubishi TV and my last. My first two were quite reliable but this DLP has been a nightmare since purchased 9/04. I have my 8th service visit scheduled this afternoon. From delivery, the picture was almost fluorescent green. A couple of service calls later (and a software upgrade later) it was decided to be a problem with a digital board. One week later a complete new chassis was delivered and installed. After installation of the new chassis, no light from the light engine. The technician tried to order a ballast and new lamp but Mitsubishi forced the service tech to come back out (without parts)and take additional voltage readings at some connectors. After another 1.5 hour service call, the ballast is thought to be the problem. The service tech requested a lamp also just in case but Mitsubishi refused. Now if the ballast doesn't fix the problem I will again have to wait for more parts to be sent. The bottom line is that for each "repair" it takes 5-6 days for parts delivery and a service call.

Mistubishi "Customer Relations" has been no help other than agreeing with the last parts delivery to send them from Atlanta to California via priority mail. I was told that Mitsubishi's only liability was to continue attempts at fixing the problems. The thought of me suffering through 20 service calls (and 4 weeks without a TV) was of no concern to them. I was also informed that there was no other vehicle available to remedy this situation (such as a lemon law...) Only in the event that Mistubishi determines the set is unrepairable, do I have further recourse.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by cs050499 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
I researched numerous high definition televisions and went to several stores to watch the sets I was interested in. Samsung DLP, Sony LCD and Mitsubishi all grabbed my attention. I loved the picture on the Sony LCD, but my research swayed my away from a rear projection LCD and towards a rear projection DLP. I went with the Mitsubishi, but I was wary of the glare that I read so much about. The glare was not visible in the showroom, but of course the showroom, had mimimal light. I had the television set up in my rec room, next to my sliding glass door. When the set is turned off, there is a glare, but once it is on the glare is not an issue. The colors produced on high definition channels (I have Comcast high definition cable) are vibrant and the picture quality is excellent. I spent a good amount of time reading the owners manual to set up the set, but overall it was very user friendly.

Purchased At:   Tweeter