Mitsubishi VS-60601 Rear Projection

4.33/5 (9 Reviews)

Submitted by troy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
i have a vs60603 mitsubishi 60" tv that i got free pretty much for moving it(heavy)it works awesome once in awhile the tv picture goes bad(converence)but all i have to do is go into the menu reset the convercence and its good to go it takes awhile but it has awesome picture.i own dlps,lcds and tube tvs and my opinion this is the best picture.i just wish it was true hd compatible

Purchased At:   friends

Submitted by wayne a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
worth every penny.

Price Paid:    $22000.00

Purchased At:   pc richard

Submitted by Daniel Shumate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought my 60" mitsubishi at Circuit City in 1993. Thats why the 3800 dollar price tag. This tv is still playing great after 8 years. I have had no service done on it ever!
The picture is still very bright ( although I have had to increase the brightness adjustment some over the years).
The viewing angle is very good from side to side, but it gets fuzzy if you are looking down on the screen while standing. The only problem I have had, is it will not keep
accurate time on the internal clock( gains an extra hour per day). Mitsubishi claims their projection tv's only lose
10% of their brightness after 5 years, compared to some others who can lose up to 50% . After 8 years of service,
I believe them. My next projection tv will be a Mitsubishi
( If this one ever quits ) I only rated mine 3 stars on value, because of the price, but the new ones are a much better deal price wise.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Jeff Hill a

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I am assuming the VS60601 is similar to the one I bought (VS60607) which is the 60" Silver Series. The Gold Series model is VS60707. So far I've been pleased with it. The only draw back with it is (same with all rear projection sets) is the angle of view from the sides are worthless. It takes awhile to dial everything in. The remote control is fantastic. One of the best I've ever used and it's fairly small.

There is a DVD program on the market that really helps fine tune your televison and your surround sound set up. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get the name of the program.

Purchased At:   Sound Track

Submitted by Jeff Gilliland a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
Overall I have been very satisfied with this set. You get a great big screen at a very reasonable price. It is also a very sharp looking piece of equipment that will compliment any living room. It's a must for the sports fanantic. The picture rivals many tubes I have watched. This is a solid buy.

Price Paid:    $1999.00