Mitsubishi VS 50603 Rear Projection

The AV-X Series of Big Screen TVs features both convenience and performance. Two-tuner advanced PIP (sizeable, moveable, still, exchange) allows viewing of two programs at the same time without using a VCR's tuner. High performance 7 CRTs and the Digital Dynamic comb filter greatly improve picture quality and the IRIS light sensor automatically adjusts sharpness and brightness to room lighting. Mitsubishi audio control is included for ease of use from a single remote.

Submitted by Steve a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bougth The Mitsubishi VS 50603 back in December 1998. This was years before 9/11 and before HDTV. This was my first big screen experience. I hooked it up to a Mitsuibishi HIFI VCR and later a SONY DVD player. All were hooked up to a Sony Dolby Prologic Home theater.
It's now closing in on December, 2007, almost 9 years and never had a problem with this 50 inch set. I saw on my receipt that I had originally purchased a 3 year extended warranty from PC Richards for some $349 -but I remember the salesman telling me I can get a full refund for it if I don't want it after a year. I remembered and got a full refund in November 1999.
Set still plays as nice as it did when i first purchased it. Almost can't wait for it to fail because I'd love to replace it with a 50 inch SHARP Aquos.
Would love to hear how others have faired with this Mitsuibishi 50 inch Projection TV.
Steve