Mitsubishi 65 Projection Television WS 65869 Rear Projection

4.5/5 (10 Reviews)

- Black diamond gray finish with 2-piece cabinet.
- ATSC, NTSC, QAM (digital cable), and MPEG-2 video systems.

Submitted by techguy2277 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2009

Bottom Line:

MITSUBISH-WD62825- 62 INCH DLP T.V.

MAJOR RIPOFF!!! DON”T BUY ANY MITSUISHI TVS!!

Well, any of us who bought this TV, have been had, and ripped off!
Anyone who owns one knows what I am talking about!
Everyone has had to replace expensive bulbs in these TVs many times!
Or expansive board or other parts, which by the time it’s all said and done, it just cost more than the TV Set its self, to fix over a period of time. No one like to hear, or think they made a bad decision or purchase, But We did, It a fact. I don’t know about the rest of you but I am so pissed off about it I am going on every thread I can find and posting this to want others about MITSUBISHI products ALL MITSUBIHI products!
I for one will never, And I mean never in my life time buy anything again with the MITSUBISHI name on it! Not a TV, not a CAR, not a flashlight or even a toaster!
And I will make it a personal mission to let everyone I know, and can think of to do the same. This company Just thinks we’re all just stupid Americans, and they will take us to the cleaners if they can, in a lot of cases they have! But know more! The way to fight back is spread the word of your experience post it every ware! If Americans don’t buy there products maybe it will help to put them out of business!

My Story!
1. Bought MITSUBISH WD62825 on 12-27-2005+ extended warranty!
2. 1st lamp failed on 11-4-2006 warranty covered but would have been $300 to replace out of pocket. They had to order the lamp installed 11-7-2006.
3. 2nd lamp went out on 9-28-2007 less than a year from last replacement. Still under warranty, they had to order lamp, installed 10-2-2007.
4. 3rd lamp went out 6-8-2008 no lamp warranty this time, original warranty only good for 2 lamp replacements, Cost $215 out of pocket had to order installed 6-15-2008. Ordered backup lamp to this time another $215.
5. 6-5-2009 Screen getting blotchy, mirrors need cleaning, took off front and cleaned mirrors (Have done many times with no problems). Cleaned filters, all dust I could get to out of TV. Reassembled Set. Turned on fine, (Keep in Mind I am a Tech for a living to).
6. 1/2 hour of Set running comes up with the heat warning message and says the set will be shutting down, and to check all air flow, to make sure of no blockage! (THERE IS NONE OR WAS NONE!) Cleaning should have made it run cooler in fact. Shut down occurs red flashing light.
7. After inspection and finding know air flow blockage, I set up 2 6 inch fans to blow in the air flow duct, and one to blow general from the right!
8. Took power off the set unplugged it, (Only way it would reset) after a wait of about 15 mins with the fans blowing, I plugged back in, The flashing rest light (green) when through is cycle. Then turned TV back on.
9. 35 mins, go’s bye and it did it again.
Long story short, from doing extensive testing, If the air temp in the room gets above 74.3 degrees, even with fan blowing the set will shut off, and needs to be unplugged cooled down, If you run the air conditioner, and keep the room below 74.3, it will run for some time, then get to hot and shut down.
The problems is in the DM board and the sensors in the Set, It cost $700 to $900 for the parts + install.

No one should have to run 2 fans, keep the room temp below 70 degrees just to use this set. They know it we know it, and Mitsubishi does not care. They know and knew of the problem! But sell them to the dumb Americans anyway!

A. MITSUBISHI will not replace or fix, standing orders, they would rather go to court, in the long run even if they have to pay, and they still win, in the long run. Because not all the sets they sold will have the people listed on the suite, so they still come out ahead. On people who are named on a class action suit get paid and then at a small amount so they win.

Do not Buy DLP TVS period.

A. It’s a well know fact they go through costly bulbs like crazy!
B. They have to be cleaned constantly if you don’t keep the mirrors clean the picture degrades until you do. (Involves taking the screen of to get to the mirrors!)
C. They Get HOT, REAL HOT, because of the lamp! And most models do not have enough cooling fans in them, so bulbs and boards go out a lot, and at a big cost! This is for all DLPS any brand! Not Just Mitsubishi, I know people with other brands who have the same problem.
So This MITSUBISHI WD-62825 that I bought in 2005 for more than $3000 is worthless! I am not willing to keep putting $1200 or more a year in to it just to keep it running, and who know just how long you will be able to keep getting parts on top of that!
So I am going to Just go buy a 47 to 50 inch LCD, for about $1000, seems from the research I have been doing they have a lot less problems, oh yea the bulb does go out in them but a lot less often, and they don’t make the heat the DLPS do, and have a lot less other problems, I am Just tired a screwing with it, and the frustration of it all! Heck at what it costs me to keep this Mitsubishi WD-62825 running, I could throw a LCD set away about every 4 years and get a new one and still come out ahead! And especially now since they have come out with the LED TV’s the LCDS are dropping in price big time! Soon you will be able to buy a 50 to 55 inch for under $1000.
Just don’t buy MITSUBISHI LCD ether. THERE JUNK TO!

Submitted by ritzzz00 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great tv for the price, I've had this tv for over a year and have nothing but good luck. I'm glad I have a tv with firewire, it will come in handy later on. netcom. is great if you have the right a/v piece's, some will not work. Once you hook it all up it works great...

Purchased At:   hh gregg

Submitted by melissa adams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
don't walk, run to buy this tv. After owning it for almost a full year, I am extremely pleased with the this television. The picture is amazing and dvd's literally come to life on this set. I am amazed at the clarity and difinition. Highly recommend it without any hesitation.

Purchased At:   sound advice

Submitted by seattlesalesman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
After 8 months of continuous use, no complaints. TV has plenty of inputs to accomidate the most hard-core enthusiast. Picture quality is phenominal with progressive scan DVD's looking near Hi-def. Only had one problem: When I hooked up my Nintendo gamecube with component cables to the appropriate input, I got no audio. I promptly called Home Theater Store to check it out. Turns out to be a loose conection inside the cabinet. About a 10 minute fix using a sautering tool fixed it. I highly recommend using the "Low Temp" setting for the colors. Skin tones are near perfect on this setting. With upgradeability From Mitsu, this is a great Big Scren bargain!

Purchased At:   Home theater store

Submitted by David a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Mitsubish WS-85369 kicks all other TV's in the grAss. Pioneer Elite...nope doesn't cut the features/options/input/outputs. The only thing the elite can compare in is with the visual display, but for 3k more, not worth it, especially when 65869 equals picture quality in HD and NON-HD modes. Mitsubish owns the RPTV world, with crisp audio to boot, this Mitsu can be a stand in receiver with the many inputs in the back. But for the enthusiast they are going to wan to buy the best dvd/speaker/receivers available to maximize the already magnificent quality. Let's not forget the firewire ports in the back with updateable TV software. All of this is backed with Mitsu's ability to guarentee that this TV will not become old news. Sony's XBR needs to stay direct view. Sony needs to know its role and take a back seat and let the big boys of big screen show them how it works.
All in all the rear-projection television on the market is the WS-85365 2002 edition.

Purchased At:   Warehouse Electronic