Hitachi 53SBX01B Rear Projection

- 181 Channel Tuner w/ Auto Programming.
- Dolby Pro Logic Surround Sound.
- 2 Built-In Center Channel Speakers.
- Wireless Sound Delivery System.
- Advanced Velocity Scan Modulation.
- UltraScreen with Surface Diffuser.
- 60 Watt Bass Reflex Speaker System.
- Sub-Woofer Control.

Submitted by akaoio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Fantastic TV!! Shopped around and seen MANY different models and this one by far has the BEST overall picture quality that we had seen. After buying it, we had one minor problem with a "Dot" on the screen, the red lens had a spot that wasn't completely coated properly and we contacted sears, they sent someone over and ordered a new lens, and presto, 100% perfect picture! The service man had set up the TV to perfection and can't say enough good things about it! DVD's look incredible on it...and even though I don't use the dolby stereo part of the TV because we have a wonderful sound system with our Denon 4800....I truely believe it was worth the extra money for the extra lens (6 vs. 5 on other models). I say if you're gonna do it, do it right, do it ONCE! Anyone who owns this model will agree....Do yourself a favor and GET ONE! more then worth it!

Purchased At:   sears

Submitted by harvey pointer a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
outstanding picture,color and geomerty.price included a great dvd player with componet color and hdcd outputs.

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   rex tv

Submitted by Jim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am absolutely thrilled with the performance of this TV so far. I did a great deal of research, testing, etc. and this Hitachi model blew the competition away!!! The picture is stunning, colors are right on and the sound is superb( especially the simulated surround). Cable TV is much better on this analog than any of the digital TVs I looked at. The artifacting was so distracting, I knew I couldn't live with it! DVDs, with a component hook-up are also stunning!

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by gkoerber a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
Hitachi hit a home run with this TV. It really out performs all on the market to date. The picture is so clear it allows you to veiw it at a closer distance than the recommended distance for its size. I will say this make sure you spend the money and buy monster or compatible cables to connect all your extra's, you won't be sorry. Your picture will then be very close to HD. Don't buy a cheap DVD player you really do get what u pay for. ex. I bought a consumer reports best buy
Toshiba because this was for my kids but excuse me I could only watch it for 2 min boxed it up and back it went.

Purchased At:   sears

Submitted by DAN a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I RESEARCHED FOR A TV FOR 6 MONTHS.THEN I SEEN THE 53" SBXO1B NEXT TO 6 TV'S INCLUDING A HD TV..THE HITACHI SBX01B
WAS THE BEST PICTURE. EVEN BETTER THEN THE HD,THEY SAY IT RIVALS MANY HD TV'S AND I BELIEVE IT.IT HAS 6 LENS SYSTEM
WHICH YOU CAN REALLY TELL BY THE SHARPNESS...I LOVE IT....

Purchased At:   2001 AUDIO VIDEO