NAD 6100

Submitted by Greg Jones a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
Purchased in 1978
Very nice deck. Works especially well with metal tapes. I used to purchase a lot of direct disk and audiophile recordings on vinyl. This deck did such a great job of recording them that friends would wait in line to use it! I later got an Onkyo Integra TA-2058 (very good deck too) because it had dolby c & hx pro. Even with a little more tape hiss the NAD is an excellent
deck. And still in use today, never having been in for a repair.

Submitted by Kirk Stanley a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2001

Bottom Line:
I can't believe it's not CD!!. O.K., well I might be stepping on the toes of a few good CD players (sorry), but this is a great cassette deck. I have heard a few in my day, and this is by far the best. Why do I say that, because this NAD monitor series cassette deck is as well made on the inside, as decks far more expensive. It helps to be an Electronics Technician Student.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Jens Ranefjord a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I used to own this deck, but I sold it. Im never using tapes nowadays anyway. Well, when I had it and used tapes alot I was very satesfied. My friends always wanted to use the deck for their own tapes. A couple of good cables makes it even better. This is a five star product, especially if you buy it second hand. I find the recordings to be more relaxed than other decks.

Submitted by j patrick tang a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is a great sounding deck. I have owned Sony, Technics (several models), an earlier NAD, Nakamichi and TEAC, but this is the most natural sounding and realistic deck I have heard under $500. Recording is precise and playback quality is fantastic. The cassette format suffers from numerous design flaws (1/8" tape and 1 7/8 ips to start with)and rarely lives up to expectations, Dolby be damned, but this deck comes the closest I have heard to true fidelity. Absolutely the best under $500. I am not, by the way, an NAD booster. I have had problems with the quality of earlier NAD and Proton products (at one time made in the same plant in Taiwan), especially the amplifiers. I bought this deck from some clown who never used it b/c he preferred to utilize a dual deck with more bells and whistles. I acquired it for $50 and a better purchase I have never made.