Klipsch RS-25
Description: The Reference Series RS-25 brings a new dimension of reality, easy installation and affordability to the world of surround sound. This detailed performer uses Klipsch’s Wide Dispersion Surround Technology™ (WDST) to produce both ambient and localized sounds with unlimited placement flexibility. This sophisticated surround speaker looks and sounds expensive but is offered at an enticing price that let’s you experience the full impact of high-performance special effects. <p /> The RS-25 delivers precise sonic detail through the careful positioning of two Tractrix® Horn loaded titanium-dome tweeters and one 5.25-inch Cerametallic™ woofer. By aligning the two horns at 90 degrees with respect to each other, along with the front-firing woofer, the RS-25 smoothly covers a 180-degree horizontal arc, allowing maximum placement flexibility. This unique Wide Dispersion Surround Technology™ delivers a new dimension of reality and convenience, and produces a smooth, seamless broad distribution of sound, which is the perfect vehicle for every surround sound format.

Submitted by Drivesthebeast a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
Well, I hadn't actually ever heard these speakers before buying them, but I bought them for two reasons. The first, that I already hae the RB25's for the fronts, the RC25 for my center, and the RW10 for my sub...so it only made sense to buy the matching rears. 2nd reason was because these speakers (before they were discontinued) used to retail for between $600 and $800 per pair at canadian retailers, and I got 2 pairs for less than the cost of 1, even with shipping and brokerage fees, etc.

The conclusion? They were an excellent choice! I can't beleive how much of movie soundtracks I was missing by not having these speakers. I only have one pair wired and fired right now, as I don't have the right room to run a 7.1 the way I want right now (bought the 2nd pair because of the price, and keeping them in storage). Even in 5.1, these speakers have a HUGE soundstage, likely due to the ise of twin tweeters, and the fact that they are horns. On movie soundtracks like King Kong, they reveal so much detail to the sound of insects and birds and other animals in the background very well. The scenes where the cast is on the ship on the way to the island, you can always here the props and steerage of the ship off in the distance, as well as the sound of the ocean too, as if it was right in my livingroom. I find that with DTS soundtracks, that Klipsch cabinets really shine the most, and the RS25's are no different. The amount of detail (even when not broken in yet) is stunning. Clear, clean, and free of distortion, even at hearing loss inducing volumes (thx to my Marantz SR7500 and 14 guage monster cables driving them too).

I haven't had the chance to listen to any surround sound music yet, but I've tried some of the different settings on ym receiver, and the RS25's actually make the SRS CS surround sound good....the only speakers that I've used on this mode that actually work. DTS music, and Dolby 5.1 Music sound great too, but I'm sure they'd be better with using a multi-channel sound source like 5.1 or 6.1 music CD's and DVD's.

I'd say that these cabinets do sound better with movies than music, but I think that's because of only having movies with multi-channels, and not music to better judge them by.

For the price, size, and weight, these speakers are phenominal...you aren't going to find speakers this cheap that create as huge and accurate soundstage as these ones do!

Purchased At:   Audio Excellence Onl

Submitted by sharpeman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
Bought Klispch RC 25 at london drugs. Great surround speaker, very sensitve . This is what is desired, in back speakers. So far they sound great.

Purchased At:   London Drugs

Submitted by Mario NJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
I just wanted to comment on the above review comparing the RS-25's to his RS-35's. All the comments sound like someone comparing a speaker that's been broken in to one that hasn't. I compared the RS-25's vs RS-35's, and when cut-off at 80Hz like any good HT setup should do there is very little audible difference between the two models.

Overall this is a fantastic surround speaker, don't let people convince you that using monopole's for surround satellites is better, listen for yourself and decide. In my opinion multipole speakers like these in a 5.1 setup is a no-brainer.

Bottom line is I've never been dissapointed by Klipsch speakers, nothing else near its price gives you that live, you-are-there feeling equally well for both music and movies. 5 stars.

Purchased At:   6th Ave Electronics

Submitted by kluken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I started with a Klipsch Ref 35 5.1 setup then decided I wanted 7.1, but I had a minor space issue on the rear wall. After some thought I opted for the RS-25 in the rear. My sides are RS-35s and the fronts are RF-35s and with an RC-35 Center. Well I had called Klipsch first to make sure the RS-25s would blend well with the ref-35 lineup. They assured me they would and would be a Timbre match. Well they do not blend perfectly, they tend to sound a little shallow and hollow. From other reviews I have read it is clear the Ref-25 line and Ref-35 are not in the same league. For most things they do blend fairly seemlessly, but if the back channel has some good lows you'll hear the difference, almost a coffee can sound sometimes. Darn shame, oh well, live and learn. They'll do for now, but I suspect in the next year or so they'll get replaced with RS-35s.

Purchased At:   Melton's

Submitted by Swissy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
Nice warm sound. These are much more efficient than my old Sony. This speaker is only going to get better when it gets brocken in

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes