Dynaudio Audience 42W
Description: Two-way wall mount loudspeaker. Front-ported bass-reflex; mounting bracket included.

Submitted by Dick Amsing a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
I used the 42 w for surround speakers and they have a very detailed, clear sound.When I bought the speakers (Groningen, the netherlands)I first wanted to use them as main speakers cause the store were I bought them used them also as main speakers, and they sounded great, till I heard the 122 they were even better and so I got the complete set ( 122c 122, 42w).This is a set you don't just buy for movie listening, If you want that, I recommend the canton thx s10 (they are the best for home theatre)But this set you buy if you like both music and home theater.The 42w compements this set great and even without the rest of the set this is stil a great speaker on its own like no other in its size. The fist thing that stroak me was the power that came from a speaker of this size, its really unbelievable.And I'm certain that you can't get a better Speaker for this price.
(ps it's also suitable for super audio cd listening)

Submitted by Britbonic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought a set of A42W for my kitchen/family room/dining room application. I bought them to complement a set of B&W 800 in walls and a REL Q150 sub. After having this in place for about 2 months I am totally in love with the Dynaudio sound. I was very happy with the B&Ws and was looking for something to complement but once I installed the A42W I found myself listening more to these on their own. They blend very well with the REL, image very well are extremely well balanced across the range. They are not in an optimal setting given the limitations of mounting them high on the wall but still sound great. As a result, I am now buying a set of A72's for my main listening room.