Canton MOVIE10MX
Description: Canton Home Theater Speaker System- MOVIE10MX/ 5 Satellite Speakers With 1 Active Subwoofer/ 5 Wall Brackets/ Black Finish

Submitted by Rich_G a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these under the guidance of the store assistant. I'm no audiophile, but in my opinion the sound is pretty dismal. Maybe that's expected of speakers this size. I plugged in some old bookshelf speakers for the mains and the sound improved 500%, these are pretty average bookshelf speakers too.

I couldn't raise the amplifier volume past 1/3rd without the auto cutoff cutting the sound to them, the sound they did produce sounded like it was played through a tin can. I since replaced the center and have ordered some full range wharfedale floor standers for mains, now I just need a set of surrounds before I sell these on to someone else. It was my first attempt at home theater and I was really disappointed with these. Maybe it's just my ears or the way I had it set up...

My gear:

Yamaha RX-V420 Receiver
Yamaha DVD-S520 dvd.

Purchased At:   Australian Store

Submitted by digi-sport a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent set. The 5 satelite boxes produces high quality sound for its size. The subwoofer produces too much bass in the default setting but you can set this yourself. It shines in the mid and high tones. I use it in combination wit a Denon 1802 receiver and this is an excellent combination. Highly recommended.