Atlantic Technology T70
Description: Home Theater Loudspeaker System

Submitted by PeterF44 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
I received the T70 a couple of months back as an aniversary present. I am very impresed with the clarity and uncolored output from the the mains and surrounds. The center speaker is much better that the H/K center it replaced. Dialog comes through very clear. The surrounds do a great job creating the effect of a wide space. The sub is not bad either.

Purchased At:   OneCall

Submitted by C Bennett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well for $179 I think I got a great sub. Sounds great with my movies. Lot more bass than the Polk S4's put out by themselves :). My kid loves them too. He listens to Dinosaur all the time and they really wake up that movie. I need to get a disc or something to adjust the sub though as im having a hard time getting it just right. This is not the sub though just me :). Really tight and not boomy like a few others I heard. VERY easy to get going. Nice size great bang for the buck.

Submitted by Joel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a quick review on just the T70 subwoofer that is now being offered by itself on some websites. The list price for the sub on its own is $425 but Sound City is blowing them out at $179 as the mk.2 version is now out. One Call has them alone too but they are still asking $399 for them (this exact version too)!

This little sub has some things going for it for a relatively cheap sub. First, it works great for music as well as movies as it is a sealed enclosure and a 10" driver which is a small enough driver to respond quickly for music. I've always thought sealed subs have had the lowest distortion and most even bandwith across the low frequency spectrum as well as compared to ported subs. Second, I tested it to easily hit 25Hz with my stereophile test cd although output was down about 6 decibles at that frequency. It also hit at 20Hz but was down about 15 decibles at that point. These are very impressive numbers for a simple 10" sub with a 125 watt amp. Also, the QUALITY of what I was hearing was impressive as well with no boom, thumps or humps in the low frequencies in my room. Very even response (within a few decibles)between about 28-100 Hz!

I have never owned an Atlantic Technolgy product before (though I have always read awesome reviews of their products)and I also own 2 Velodyne subs for my Home Theater so I feel I am a good judge of subs by now and I have to say I am incredibly impressed with the build quality and craftsmanship of this sub (especially considering the $179 price)! It has almost every feature of my $800 15" Velodyne save for the inability to change the high-pass frequency crossover to filter bass from the satellites.

You simply cannot do better at this price point for a sub in the here and now. I was so impressed with it, I ended up buying a second one today so that I will have a matching stereo pair for my music only system. I was always taught that for music, it is better to go with 2 small sub drivers in a stereo setup then 1 big 12" or 15" sub as their radiating surface is too large to react quickly enough for music. That is the philosophy I am using here---2 10" sealed inchers should be incredible!

My system:
Adcom ACE 515 AC Enhancer

Purchased At:   SoundCity.com

Submitted by mustangnc1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just purchased the T70 subwoofer. This subwoofer is my first blind purchase, and i am not at all displeased. The sub is super-responsive and fidelly reproduces low frequencies. Since i am just now kicking my computer hardware and going into HT, i think i have made a great start!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Nate a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
I recently sold my entire surround system because I wanted a smaller profile system. I began looking around various websites, and reading reviews on all sorts of different systems. I had always heard very good things about Atlantic Technology in magazines over the years, so I decided to take a chance.

The T70 system won't disappoint you if you're into movies as I am. I hardly ever use my systems for music, but movies are in everyday. I first put Jurassic Park(DTS) because I wanted to see how the sub handled itself, and it was very tight and punchy. I then put in Disturbing Behavior because there is a scene where you hear voices all around you, and the surrounds were amazing in that it wasn't as localized as most systems tend to be.

In the end it's an amazing system that won't break the bank, and won't break your heart.

*Equipment used*
Yamaha HTR-5560 Receiver