SVS SVS SB12 Plus
Description: Subwoofer with 12 inch speaker and built in amplifer of 425 watts

Submitted by Bingo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
My two channel stereo system consists of a Cary CD308 CD player, an NAD C370 integrated amplifier and two Jas Audio ORSA speakers with ribbon tweeters. For a time I operated my system with just the Orsas, knowing all the while that I would eventually have to fill in the bottom with a good subwoofer. I had checked out several different subwoofers when a friend recommended the SVS subwoofer. When I selected the SVS model I wanted, it had not yet been put on the market but was ready for delivery in October of 2006. My first hook up as recommended by SVS was from the Amps pre-out, to the SB12 Plus and from the SB12 plus back to the NADs Main in....I was told that this hook up would help to manage the bass well in my system. This connection required four cables. Later I changed the connection to two cables, coming from the NAD to the SB12 Plus. This connection proved to be much better. It has been connected this way ever since with no desire to change back to four cables. I find this subwoofer to integrate so well with my Orsa speakers that everything seems to be coming from one large unified speaker. The match has been perfect for my system. Not being technically inclined, this matching of front speakers with a subwoofer has been an accidental but almost perfect match. The bass is clean and tight, never soft and muddy or muffled.

Purchased At:   SVS