SVS Model 16-46CS
Description: Passive subwoofer Power handling, 300 watts RMS. 4 Ohm load. o 16 Hz tuning point o +/- 3 dB 16 Hz-80 Hz o 46" tall Optional Sub Amp Price includes shipping.

Submitted by Vidmaven3 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have owned Velodyne, M&K, AR and HSU Subs and I was looking for a sub that had tighter (NON-bloated) and morepowerful bass that could play LOW! I did about a months research on the internet and kept coming back to this American company SVS. I found a B-Stock 16-46CS for $425.00 and ordered it immediately figuring that if these subs were this popular it wouldn't be there for long. I received the sub 2 days later and took some time to unpack it (packed really well. I had purchased a Samson 550 amplifier just for the sub so I hooked them all up and let her rip. The first DVD I played was U571 the depth charge scene. WOW! I felt like my ears were going to explode from the pressure it literally felt like they were dropping the depth charges on my head! Then I ran the sub through it's paces with the usual suspects (The Haunting, Saving Private RYan, Fifth Element, Armageddon etc.) it never failed to amaze me, so tight but so powerful at the same time. SUPER SLAMABILITY! Then to music (lots of Pink Floyd) just as amazing! Suffice it to say that you cannot go wrong purchasing one of these subs.

Purchased At:   SVSSubwoofers.com

Submitted by jjc01 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
Purchased the SVS16-46CS with the Samson S1000 and Better Cables connect for my HT system about 14 months ago, and at the same time I purchased a Velodyne FSX12 MKII for my two channel stereo system. I was originally very disappointed with the 16-46CS+. The FSX's sound was much more crisp, fast, and believe it or not, deep, compared to the 16-46CS+. Though the 16-46CS+ indeed went low, it's sound was boomy and of poor quality. I had eliminted the loud hum I originally experienced with the 16-46CS+ by using a cheater plug as recommended by SVS, and knew I was losing a lot of potential as a result. I purchased a JPS Lab Power AC+ power cord and upgraded wall outlet (which I did not ground (I know this approach is not recommended by any manufacturer, can be dangerous, and would probably void my warranty))after about ten months, and the JPS Lab Power AC+ power cord in fact transformed the 16-46CS+ into a very good HT subwoofer. The sound became more dynamic, bass throughout the range increased to the point that I now use a lower volume setting on the Samson amp, and for the first time I did not regret not sending the sub/amp back during the 45 day trial period. The 16-46CS+ still cannot compete with the Velodyne for quality of sound or strictly music listening, but as a HT subwoofer, its pretty darn impressive.
Special thanks to Joe at JPS Labs for his time and assistance helping me get 16-46CS+ to live up to its reputation and potential.

Purchased At:   SVS

Submitted by gmood1 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
Let me start by saying, I have a CS-PLUS 16/46 but there was no where to post the review. I bought my sub on the reviews of this web sight!This is an AWESOME sub.It took me some time to get it set up the way I wanted it,but it paid off.The bass of this sub is so viscous you can only feel it!I'am running it with a Mackie M-800 which pumps out 800 watts into 4 ohms.

Purchased At:   SVS

Submitted by Harvey Feltersnatch a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Purchased one of these because of good reviews on some of the Home Theater Forums. Well Finished and attractive but It really could not match My Hsu Research for low bass performance. I sent It back and got another Hsu and am very happy.. Overall, It's not bad but ignore the hype, Hsu came up with the cylinder subwoofer design years ago and is a superior product and a better bargain to boot.

Purchased At:   mail order

Submitted by Derek a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I'm a bit of a compulsive shopper, so I have a tendency to buy and return more than I should. I was in the market for a sub and wanted to KEEP the sub. I did research and checked out audioreview for a little over three weeks and decided on this sub without hearing it. I'm 20 years old and this is one of my better purchases. I did not have a problem dropping 550 dollars for this sub, and I know I don't make even 1/15th of what some of the guys do that review products on this site with their high-end systems. I would actually get another one. My amp has yet to come in, so I have it hooked up as a main speaker with one of my Klipsch RF-3's. Because of no amp, I have yet to try movies, but music is awesome, awesome, awesome. I downloaded a THX bass test and it just rocks my world with the volume 1/3 up. I cannot wait to get the amp to hear movies and make the music even louder. For those of you in the market for a sub that have heard or read reviews on subs, you get a lot of this --"great for home theater, ok for music". In other words, almost any half ass sub will be awesome for movies. This one is great for music. It fills the room like a tidal wave. I'm not kidding. One thing that I have noticed as well is that you cannot tell where the bass is coming from, despite it's size. It comes from all around you, not a direct path from the tube. Amazing. Go get one. You won't regret it. It comes with a money back guarantee. Not a bad price either for handmade.

Purchased At:   svsubwoofers.com