SVS CS-Ultra
Description: Ultra high output TV-12 driver Computer Assisted Design (CAD) cylindrical enclosure Exclusive SVS down-firing woofer with integrated base-plate Compliant disk floor mounts, low center of gravity Precision tuned "Tri-power" high-flow ports with custom port tune block Resonance free, protective top port grill New 16" ultra high-strength custom drawn, polymer wrapped, enclosure tubing CNC''d and cold laminated 1.5" black birch end-cap baffles 14 gauge, oxygen-free copper wiring Heavy-duty, solid brass, gold plated binding posts Custom black fabric finish

Submitted by fabulousfrankie a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a review of the CS-Ultra with the TV-12 driver used in the SS model, it's powered by one channel of a Samson S1000. After I hooked up the Ultra, I realized what a musical gem it was. Beautifully clean bass with tremendous pressure. I never would have believed it if I someone else told me but beside I could never imagine bass this good for so little.

I went to some high-end audio store in MD to buy the rest of my system. They had a seperate room with more acoustical treatments you could shake a stick at. The sub they had playing in there was a $4500 Aerial Acoustics SW-12(I think that's the model). That was easily the best sounding sub I've heard until I got my Ultra. I was really surpised because I never expected this level of performance. If I could choose(and not have to pay) between the SW-12 or the CS-Ultra, I would choose the SW-12 so I could sell it and get more Ultra's. I'm sure there are better subs out there, but I haven't heard them.

This subwoofer and amp cost more than my 5 speakers and receiver put together. Not only do I think it's the best value in my system, I think it's the best value in subwoofers period.

Purchased At:   www.svsubwoofers.com